Is this some kind of Bird also?

This was the bike I was trying to identify when I found the last one. It is similar yet different. It has 5" wheels, different rear axle mount, downtubes are wider apart. I can't find a matching picture. :confused:

Looks like a Manco Streaker. But the footpegs don't look quite right, the way they're separate from the frame, instead of being part of it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

capguncowboy

It's not a bird. I agree that it looks like a Manco, but the front down tubes don't but in to the frame the same way. It looks like a newer design (late 80s, early 90s). Maybe an Azusa?

It's not a bird. I agree that it looks like a Manco, but the front down tubes don't but in to the frame the same way. It looks like a newer design (late 80s, early 90s). Maybe an Azusa?
Hmm, I think it is older. The wheels are full width (no extra spacers.) They are a matched set and seemed to be original to the bike. The front tire is a double Indian head Carlisle. Next time I see the guy I will try to get the date code off the front tire but they haven't made double Indian heads for quite some time have they?

Also the seat, grips, throttle etc. seem quite a bit older. :shrug:

Last edited:
Well that is definitely it! Glad that mystery is "solved" :laugh: :lol:

It's a "Minnesota Mystery Bike." Sounds like a good name to me. :thumbsup: