ISO: El Tigre front forks

I'm a new member, so some of my terminology might not be so accurate. Seeing if there are any front forks that would work for me. I have what I was told by the seller as a 1968 El Tigre. Forks that came with it appear to be welded back on numerous times over the years. They don't make me feel comfortable using them. I'd be open for suggestions on replacements. The neck on my frame is 4". These are the "before" pictures. I'm planning on having everything sandblasted and powder coated. I haven't yet explored the cost of re-chroming yet.

Attachments

capguncowboy

I haven't yet explored the cost of re-chroming yet.
When they give you the quote, be sure you have a large piece of paper so you can fit all the zeros on it. It would be outrageously expensive.

As far as forks, I would try to fix them first. It's going to be a lot cheaper than shipping another set (those are always pretty expensive to ship). If they're too far gone, then I'd look for a replacement set.

When they give you the quote, be sure you have a large piece of paper so you can fit all the zeros on it. It would be outrageously expensive.

As far as forks, I would try to fix them first. It's going to be a lot cheaper than shipping another set (those are always pretty expensive to ship). If they're too far gone, then I'd look for a replacement set.
That's kind of what I thought on the chrome work. I have called a powder coat place that is down the road from me, and I didn't freak out with what he quoted me over the phone.

On the forks, one idea I have thought of was getting a set from Azusa and adding a custom cut spring underneath the neck spindle to make up the space. Not my idea necessarily, but I saw some pictures of some mini bikes that do that.