Issues with Rt 21 Trading

Has anyone had any contact or delivery issues with Rt 21 Trading? I order some parts, (paypal confirmation is dated 2/8/2020), and have not received the parts or even an email explaining the delay. I have sent them two emails, one requesting their phone number, and am still waiting for a response. Is this normal?

Thanks Steve. I'm going to give them ample time to respond before I do anything else. But I won't wait forever. Bearings and a fender can be found in a lot of other places.

I've never done business with his company. But when the first thing you see on a company's website says that the business is for sale, well...

"This Business is For Sale - After 40 years we have decided to retire and enjoy some time with our grandchildren. For more information check the "Business For Sale" page under the Information Tab at left above the Categories. Until such time as a certified deposit has been received from a serious buyer, sales from this website will continue as normal."

That has been there for about 2 years. I have been dealing with him for about 7 years and I have no complaints. At one point he wasn't making brake and throttle cables for the Coleman Sport Bikes and he starting making them again at my request. He and his wife run the business alone so sometimes they are a little slow but it is not because they don't care or are lazy. They are good people. I got an email from him about 10 days ago and he told me they were having some computer problems because of bad weather.

Did you fill out the "Contact us" form or did you send an email? Any time I fill out the "Contact us" form he gets right back to me.
Yes, I used the, "contact us" option. I did have an email, from them, today. It stated my account has been activated. They accepted my money on the 8th and activated my account today. Different, to say the least.

I have bought several hard to find parts from them, never had a problem… Sounds like the folks are getting older...need extra time to get things done. I hope the business lives on, nice source for parts!

Frisco57

I've purchased a few of "hard to find" items from Rt. 21 Trading. I've even communicated directly with the owner via email & on the phone. Nice guy, very helpful but he seemed tired. Got my stuff with no problems.

wjustice

The guy that used to own it died. This now is a son in law or something. I dont think he wants to run it at all. He doesnt have any patience on ebay, just read his info. Complains about people watching and not buying, etc. It was Old Iron or something like that

PatrickCraik

Having computer problems? Any computer problem can be fixed in a business day. Theyre full of shit. Complain to pay pal, tell them you want your money back. Those people are more than likely going belly up and you’ll never get your stuff or your money when that happens

Davis

Having computer problems? Any computer problem can be fixed in a business day. Theyre full of shit. Complain to pay pal, tell them you want your money back. Those people are more than likely going belly up and you’ll never get your stuff or your money when that happens
Why you always so negative? Not everyone is Walmart and amazon. Let’s try to keep the mom and pop alive.

PatrickCraik

Why you always so negative? Not everyone is Walmart and amazon. Let’s try to keep the mom and pop alive.
I agree with spending money in the mom/pop places but this this stinks of foul play. The customer sure not coming 1st here. They should refund his money,send out his stuff when they actually have it to send,along with a bill.

Last edited:
Well, two more emails, regarding my fender. Still no response. Fortunately, it was not a big, or expensive purchase. I'll write it off as a lesson learned and move on. The same fender is available on Ebay, from a few vendors, one even a little cheaper. Now, I can only advise one to be cautious with their dealings with this company.