It's sad when people part out a survivor mini bike just to make a few bucks. JMHO

delray

interesting to see another newer style(center mount pegs) bonanza 1100 that has only a 2.5hp 1970 engine and general tires. totally different then my 1100 that has a 1970 3hp and Carlisle tires and different seat and came with a plastic tank.

to bad your parting it out like that capguncowboy. sad to see something like that come apart.

I do have a question about the top part of the triple tree plate and the bottom. how many holes are drill on the top and on the bottom. not counting the hole for the bolt that holds it to the main frame. maybe pictures too.

thanks......

capguncowboy

We don't have to make assumptions here. While I don't feel I should have to explain or defend myself, I'll fill you guys in.

I drove 3 hours each way and paid more for the bike than I should have with intentions of giving it to my son. Like most 10 year old kids, he wants to spend his time on the computer and PlayStation so I do what I can to get him outside.

The bike was mostly complete but was missing the clutch guard, and overall was a pretty nice straight bike. I got it home and cleaned it up and he showed zero interest in it, not even a raised eyebrow. I asked him what he wanted to do with it and he said he didn't care. Being 6'5, I'm too big for it. My daughter's also showed no interest.

There is no market here for this bike. I have seen more complete bikes sell for less than what I paid and I can't afford to take a bath on it so I parted it out instead?

Will I make more than if I sold it whole? Probably. Will I make more than I paid for it? Probably. Did I part it out to make more? Sure. Did I do it to make an easy buck? I would've made more money working overtime one day on a weekend.

It's easy to make assumptions but I promise the actual story was far less diabolical than your imaginations might have created.

capguncowboy

interesting to see another newer style(center mount pegs) bonanza 1100 that has only a 2.5hp 1970 engine and general tires. totally different then my 1100 that has a 1970 3hp and Carlisle tires and different seat and came with a plastic tank.

to bad your parting it out like that capguncowboy. sad to see something like that come apart.

I do have a question about the top part of the triple tree plate and the bottom. how many holes are drill on the top and on the bottom. not counting the hole for the bolt that holds it to the main frame. maybe pictures too.

thanks......
This bike is a 69 model with a late 1968 h25. I talked to a few different Bonanza guys about it and that was fairly common for early 69 BC1100 bikes. Not sure if it was a dealer option or if they just hadn't settled on the details yet.

I'll have to check on the holes tomorrow. I'll update you then

delray

ok just found one of the pictures with the date code 68. now it's starting to make more sense why your 1100 is so different from my 1970 model. but yours still has the center foot pegs. I was under the assumption from other bananza experts that the center foot pegs didn't come out until around 1970...….wrong. yours clearly shows them with center foot pegs with a late date 68 motor on the bike. learning something new everyday on these bonanza bikes now that I got one or two or three....no make that 4...…...:doah:

capguncowboy

I just checked the forks. The only holes on the triple trees are the ones for the headbolt and one for the headlight. I can't post pictures here, but the one for the headlight is centered, about 1/2" from the front and it's about 3/8" in diameter

Itype2slo

We don't have to make assumptions here. While I don't feel I should have to explain or defend myself, I'll fill you guys in.

I drove 3 hours each way and paid more for the bike than I should have with intentions of giving it to my son. Like most 10 year old kids, he wants to spend his time on the computer and PlayStation so I do what I can to get him outside.

The bike was mostly complete but was missing the clutch guard, and overall was a pretty nice straight bike. I got it home and cleaned it up and he showed zero interest in it, not even a raised eyebrow. I asked him what he wanted to do with it and he said he didn't care. Being 6'5, I'm too big for it. My daughter's also showed no interest.

There is no market here for this bike. I have seen more complete bikes sell for less than what I paid and I can't afford to take a bath on it so I parted it out instead?

Will I make more than if I sold it whole? Probably. Will I make more than I paid for it? Probably. Did I part it out to make more? Sure. Did I do it to make an easy buck? I would've made more money working overtime one day on a weekend.

It's easy to make assumptions but I promise the actual story was far less diabolical than your imaginations might have created.
No need to explain or defend yourself. You are good. Parting out bikes is part of the game. I have bought bikes for one or 2 parts and got rid of them. I hope you make your money back and then some. If you were diabolical you would have separated the badge from the forks for a few extra$ Some part outs seem like a gouge, Not yours. Good luck:thumbsup:

I’ll be parting this Lil Indian soon if no one buys it. I don’t wanna do it but people scoff at the price but will pay 1/3 of it just for one part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No explanation due here Andrew ! After getting on some of the facebook mini bike sites and seeing these bikes chopped up and destroyed , parting these bikes out just seems to be the going thing . All I can do is save what I can !

I’ll be parting this Lil Indian soon if no one buys it. I don’t wanna do it but people scoff at the price but will pay 1/3 of it just for one part?

I hope someone buys it ! But if not ..I understand where you're coming from.

I hope someone buys it ! But if not ..I understand where you're coming from.
Thanks Eric. One guy keeps messaging g me telling me I’m asking too much. So I said try EBay. He said “I did. They’re too expensive...”[emoji23]