It's sad when people part out a survivor mini bike just to make a few bucks. JMHO

I never saw it for sale, figured you were going to keep it
Hey Andy I only have it for sale on Facebook. Don’t really post here much anymore. Just check in from time to time... I found a model t Coupe body for my sons project and need to recoup some $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We don't have to make assumptions here. While I don't feel I should have to explain or defend myself, I'll fill you guys in.

I drove 3 hours each way and paid more for the bike than I should have with intentions of giving it to my son. Like most 10 year old kids, he wants to spend his time on the computer and PlayStation so I do what I can to get him outside.

The bike was mostly complete but was missing the clutch guard, and overall was a pretty nice straight bike. I got it home and cleaned it up and he showed zero interest in it, not even a raised eyebrow. I asked him what he wanted to do with it and he said he didn't care. Being 6'5, I'm too big for it. My daughter's also showed no interest.

There is no market here for this bike. I have seen more complete bikes sell for less than what I paid and I can't afford to take a bath on it so I parted it out instead?

Will I make more than if I sold it whole? Probably. Will I make more than I paid for it? Probably. Did I part it out to make more? Sure. Did I do it to make an easy buck? I would've made more money working overtime one day on a weekend.

It's easy to make assumptions but I promise the actual story was far less diabolical than your imaginations might have created.
No assumptions made or explanations needed or need to defend yourself. I gave my opinion on the fact that I hate seeing survivor bikes being parted out. And you are parting it out to make more money so I was right. :thumbsup:

delray

I'm mixed on the topic. I know this, If a bike is parted out. You can help a lot more people who are in the hobby. And if your helping, your making the hobby grow.
in a round about way your taking a true survivor apart. for example this bike was 50 years old and now it's getting parted out.....that's crazy it survive that long.

and no your not making the hobby grow. your just making the rest the bikes that will be using these parts into clone bikes....:laugh:

Show me the Money !!! Or For the Thrill of the Find after 40-50-60-70 year Survivor's and still all intact. WOW . WHAT DO YOU THINKK ???

Last edited:

cfh

If anyone thinks they can "make money" on mini bikes, you're nuts. my record is a $10 profit. usually i loose my butt, if i even try and sell anything. so frankly i just don't sell, it's not worth it. I'm trying not to buy stuff i don't want in the first place. that's the best solution.

parting out a survivor bike is pretty much sin in my eyes. but that's me. it made it 40+ years, it deserves to live on. but that's easy for me to say...

Personally i'm more in the habit of buying "less than survivors" and making them real again. But again, i'm loosing my ass. I'm not sure i really care though. i like bring junk back from the grave. it feels good and it's fun.

Hobbies cost money. that's my realization. if you buy a bike and think you're going to "make money", unless you're paying $10, i really don't think you're paying enough attention.

Also for god's sake, never, and i mean *never*, buy a bike for your kid or your girlfriend or your wife, etc etc. Buy the bike for YOU. if they (boy, girl, wife, etc) like it, fine. But never ever buy one expressly for them. You're just setting yourself up for a fall...

Last edited:
If anyone thinks they can "make money" on mini bikes, you're nuts. my record is a $10 profit. usually i loose my butt, if i even try and sell anything. so frankly i just don't sell, it's not worth it. I'm trying not to buy stuff i don't want in the first place. that's the best solution.

parting out a survivor bike is pretty much sin in my eyes. but that's me. it made it 40+ years, it deserves to live on. but that's easy for me to say...

Personally i'm more in the habit of buying "less than survivors" and making them real again. But again, i'm loosing my ass. I'm not sure i really care though. i like bring junk back from the grave. it feels good and it's fun.

Hobbies cost money. that's my realization. if you buy a bike and think you're going to "make money", unless you're paying $10, i really don't think you're paying enough attention.

Also for god's sake, never, and i mean *never*, buy a bike for your kid or your girlfriend or your wife, etc etc. Buy the bike for YOU. if they (boy, girl, wife, etc) like it, fine. But never ever buy one expressly for them. You're just setting yourself up for a fall...
I couldn’t agree more! I think like you on this one. I will buy a frame and make a one off from it. I’ll wind up spending more than I could have bought a survivor for and when I’m done I have a nice one off worth a lot less than a survivor mini.

Wow!! Look at those prices! That one guy came in there and shot everyone down, including me! lol, I hope he gets it all! Congrats ,capgun!!

capguncowboy

The same guy bought all of the parts. He turned out to be a local. I gave him the few pieces of hardware that weren't listed and he's gonna put it back together.

So I guess you guys can sleep easy now

Last edited:
The same guy bought all of the parts. He turned out to be a local. I gave him the few pieces of hardware that weren't listed and he's gonna put it back together.

So I guess you guys can sleep easy now
Congrats on the sale!

I wonder why people get so upset about things that don't belong to them or doesn't concern them? Just sayin'

Pat