Jack Shaft or gearing mods for 6.5 clone?

Current setup is a DB30 old style, engine mods include gov out, performance air and exhaust. Gearing is a Max Torque 12T and sprocket adapter 58T. Tire size is 15” diameter with stock 5.00 wheel. My dad says I don’t need a jack shaft for two reasons: 50 MPH is enough speed for a bike built to go 25MPH and the JS won’t improve torque or top speed. I think the JS will improve torque and top speed. I’m under 120 lbs. Before I upgraded stock sprocket, I could get the front end up but was only reaching 44MPH. I mostly ride street. Maybe a torque converter is a better option for me? Need advice, thanks.

I have a js on my old style db. 12T max torq clutch. The 70t rear sprocket. The js came with 13 & 15t sprockets. Low torque or high speed, depending on how you set them. Low torque you can barely control it from wanting to lift the front wheel. High speed was fast but lugged the clutch on take off. Yesterday I switched out the 15t for a 14t set up for high speed again. Haven't test drive it yet but I hope to have reduced the clutch lugging. Will report back. The js makes gearing changes easy and no need for a tensioner because the chains are too short.