Jackshaft sprocket question

jspbtown

So...on my jackshaft I have two different sized sprockets. I don't have the tooth count handy but this is a pretty general question.

Does it matter which side the sprockets are on? In other words...what would give the best acceleration (vs top speed):

A. The smaller sprocket on the engine side and the larger sprocket on the rear sprocket side? Or;
B. The larger sprocket on the engine side and the smaller sprocket on the rear sprocket side?

Thanks

So...on my jackshaft I have two different sized sprockets. I don't have the tooth count handy but this is a pretty general question.

Does it matter which side the sprockets are on? In other words...what would give the best acceleration (vs top speed):

A. The smaller sprocket on the engine side and the larger sprocket on the rear sprocket side? Or;
B. The larger sprocket on the engine side and the smaller sprocket on the rear sprocket side?

Thanks
B. The larger sprocket on the engine side and the smaller sprocket on the rear sprocket side? Will give a higher numerical ratio. Less top speed but faster acceleration.

Someone will chime in and tell you how to calculate the ratio with a jackshaft.