JD2 model 3 tube bender dimensions

Li'l Popeye

Hello,
I have a Cowley HPB-40 manual tube bender. It looks like a JD2 model 3 tube bender, so I think it is a Chinese copy. I bought it with several die sets, which were around $90,-/each. But I need another size die set and the company, where I purchased the bender a year ago, no longer sells it or bending dies for it.
So I was thinking to buy a JD2 model3 bending die set, but I'm not sure if it will fit. The center pin is 1" diameter and the other pins are 7/8" diameter.

If there is someone who can verify that a model 3 bender has the same dimensions as in the picture below, I am sure the model3 bending die set will fit.

Thank you

I have a JD Squaered and will have to check your measurements against it.

If you have a die that is larger than the size you need you can bend a piece of DOM and split it in half so that it serves as a shoe to bend the smaller size tubing.

For example. If you have a 1 1/2 die set but want to bend 1 1/4 tubing a piece of 1 1/2 DOM with a wall thickness of 1/8 will give you a 1 1/4 die for cheap.

Li'l Popeye

I have a JD Squaered and will have to check your measurements against it.

If you have a die that is larger than the size you need you can bend a piece of DOM and split it in half so that it serves as a shoe to bend the smaller size tubing.

For example. If you have a 1 1/2 die set but want to bend 1 1/4 tubing a piece of 1 1/2 DOM with a wall thickness of 1/8 will give you a 1 1/4 die for cheap.
I have seen that trick.
Would be great if you would check the measurements. It needs to be a model 3, the model 32 has larger diameter pins, as far as I know.

My measurements match your measurements. Same pin diameters and hole spacing.

I bought mine way back in the late 80's or early 90's so I don't remember if there was even more than one choice of style back then.