Jeep2003's - Micro Motor Bike - (Anything Goes)

I'll do something for size comparison as soon as i get it back together right now its in pieces while i get the swing arm sorted out. Already got the mount sleeve welded in and the arms made i just need to finalize the width then i can connect the two sides. Iv also decided to widen the wheels. I added an inch to double the width. It looks good. Also welded the sprocket mount and brake disk to the hub. Im going with a 30 ish tooth sprocket. I forget the exact count. But I want it to have low speed and lots of power so thats what im going with for now.

Thanks Karen. I got the shocks done. They are gas struts from a trunk lid that i cut down. so there is no oil in them anymore. They ended up about 7.25 eye to eye. I welded a sleeve in the top of the frame rather than weld on a tab so i dont have to make the shocks so short. I started with one tab on top of the shock like the bottom is but it ended up being crookid so i put two tabs on to center it in the frame. They look great and a nice amount of spring. Iv got to weld on the mount for the brake and I started making the rear fender. Actually it is made just have to figure out the mounts. I will probrobly whip up a seat soon aswell.

Sure is! Its going together really well. I think its because im using small parts instead of trying to squeeze in full size bike parts. Today i got the rear fender done and the seat pan cut

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Jeep, funny thing, I was looking at tube benders on u-tube and came across one of your older vids on your home made tube bender.

It was good to watch :thumbsup:

Biffmini

I don't know how you widened those wheels,must be top secret. But that kind of drive is what sets you on top in my opinion.
Always impressed with your builds! love the tiny mini.

I always enjoy your builds and admire your creative process. I think the only challenging part of this build is going to be figuring out how to submit a final video of you riding it!

Thanks guys the wheels were easy enough to widen no sorcery there just alot of welding lol. i just sliced them in half and added an inch of metal and drilled new holes. I got the seat done. I sat on it and it actually doesnt seem that small. I will have to put the foot pegs and bars in a good place but theres no foot controls so that makes it alot easier. Also made a new air filter out of a tecumseh float bowl but its not done yet.

Is super cool:thumbsup: hehe a couple of small dirt mounds you could make a miniature course....seriously you need a museum ..hmmm opportunity..maybe when you're an old dude :biggrin:

Wow...that's looking sweet. What car donated the material for the seat? Just curious....always amazed at how you are able to recycle/reuse cast offs!:thumbsup:
Thanks guys! It was an old pickup truck seat i dont recall what model. but I really like finding them because they have the heat pleating and padded backing and edging all for dirt cheap. cant go wrong. Just have to cut around the stains and cigarette burns lol

I made a little progress today. I got the front wheel assembled and the exhaust half way done. I need to get another hotdog muffler before i go any farther. I tried using the muffler that came with the engine and i didnt like it its too big. So Im using two little hotdog mufflers inline. I did the same thing on my motorized bicycle because one was too loud. So now I know itll be quiet enough and work the way i want. No pics today