Jeep2003's - Micro Motor Bike - (Anything Goes)

He has llllllllll-oooooooooo-nnnnnnnnnn-ggggggggggg-ah ones...:blink:
Lol I had a vision of legs going up over top of the bars and back to the pegs. Thatd be a sight to see.
Well today I got the kick stand done and tore the bike down to pieces. For the stand I used an old bicycle stand but I put it on the right side because of the chain. It still worked as it should I just had to tilt it up 90 degrees so the detents are in the right position. And shortened it ofcourse. It fits quite well.

So the bike is half way back together. Iv been real busy fixing other peoples stuff. I Just realised I forgot to weld on some rear tank mounts :doah: so Iv got to do that. Today my neighbor brought me a new mini to play with. Anyone recognize what it is :shrug: She got it in a package deal with a couple kids quads so iv got to fix them up for her she said I can have the bike :thumbsup: I might fix it up and add a rear swingarm with 10" spolked wheels. I like the look of those bikes when people do that and I have a pair I can use.

Attachments

buckeye

I am getting very close to done with the fab work. I got the bars cut down and put back on. I took 1 1/4" out of the height and made a square base with sleves to bolt them on nice and solid. Today i built the foot pegs. all from scratch to suit the 1/2" grips. Also got the throttle made up. I didnt get any pics yet but it is a mountain bike grip shift. I glued on a piece of plastic from another gripshift to make it full length. Actually took it off my track bike because im going to put a normal throttle on that. The reason i used the gripshift is because it is just much more compact than any of the other throttles i have in my pile. Next I will make the kick stand make sure everything else is done then tear it apart for clean up and paint. Im thinking just a black frame with either a blue or white tank and fenders with a simple graphic like a shooting star will be good. I kinda like it the colors it is to leave the frame bare metal with clearcoat but its easier the other way and I think it will be just as cool maybe even better

I haven't look in on this in awhile.
Sure glad I did.
As always, amazing.
Thanks!

So the bike is half way back together. Iv been real busy fixing other peoples stuff. I Just realised I forgot to weld on some rear tank mounts :doah: so Iv got to do that. Today my neighbor brought me a new mini to play with. Anyone recognize what it is :shrug: She got it in a package deal with a couple kids quads so iv got to fix them up for her she said I can have the bike :thumbsup: I might fix it up and add a rear swingarm with 10" spolked wheels. I like the look of those bikes when people do that and I have a pair I can use.
It's looking good! Can't wait to see it rolling! :thumbsup: That bike you got is a Bird Wren. Nice little bike.

Yes Jeep , Bird Wren as Tom said , if you decide to hack it up I'd love to buy the rear wheel ( if it's a 5" ) , I have one I'm restoring to ( close anyways ) original condition to go in my Bird collection and that rear wheel is my only missing link , and your little machine sure looks great !

Yes Jeep , Bird Wren as Tom said , if you decide to hack it up I'd love to buy the rear wheel ( if it's a 5" ) , I have one I'm restoring to ( close anyways ) original condition to go in my Bird collection and that rear wheel is my only missing link , and your little machine sure looks great !
I might sell it. I dont like using 5" wheels anyway. Ill have a better look at it and let you know.

I got the bike running today! First test ride was successfull. It runs not so great. I think maybe it needs to break in some. Its like boggy kinda restricted feeling. Revs up and responds fine when the cluch is in. Just not making much power. Im not sure if they all behave that way when breaking in? I did drive it up the road. The gear ratio is good just a bit hard to get started with the lack of power. I took it out a second time and it was a little better. It is much more comfortable than i thought it was going to be I had no problem handling it. So Ill be driving it more hopefully get it running a bit better and Ill put up a video real soon

KB2ROCKET

That's a cute little sucker! Just judging by the size of the tank made me realize how small it is.:thumbsup:
if you want another size reference check out the valve stem the tip of it goes almost half way towards the axle I would love to have a bike like this on my keychain or maybe hanging from my rear view mirror
I have attempted to make something like this before and the hardest part is getting the scale of all the parts to match without looking awkward . my hats off to you you have done a GREAT JOB