Jeep2003's "Mini Jeep" More Than 2 Wheels BBO 2013

Heres some work i did on the tailgate today. quick release hinges just like the real thing. And the tail light housings i made from 1 1/4" valve spring cups . reflectors fit nicely inside

haha your missing out! I dont think the guys on here realize how small it is. i figure im going to have to sit crossleged to drive it :laugh: its gonna be sweet thats for sure

haha your missing out! I dont think the guys on here realize how small it is. i figure im going to have to sit crossleged to drive it :laugh: its gonna be sweet thats for sure
OH yeah, I've seen a Barbie Jeep.. :mellow: I can see the grill and 8 inch carlisles..

IT WOULD BE BAD ASS with an R/C setup in it.. :laugh:

thanks ! it is fun making all the little detail hardware pieces like the real thing only tiny. Iv rebuilt two of the full size jeeps already so I know how its all setup . building it tiny makes it fun again :smile:

made a bit of progress on the cowl and hood and steering column. Had a change of plan. Rather than routing the column straight over the engine and down the front I decided to point it down . Its more like the real thing and there is room for it. Also it will make it wasier to actually steer it which is also nice :smile:

here you can see where i routed the colum down through the frame. Not the best place but thats where it ended up . so ill reinforce both sides of the frame and it should have its strength back :thumbsup:

Have ya considered an old Cub Cadet or John deere steering column?? With the gear box and pitman arm?? Look just about exactly like an old truck setup.. :mellow:
It's the size of an Estwing hammer.. :laugh:

yea thats a 16oz too :laugh: the steering wheel is an adjustment wheel from an old table saw. a couple tie rods and pivot points and itll be good to go

and i was thinking i was going to make the horn button for the throttle but now theres less room to set that up so i might do a pedal instead. still yet to fiigure that out

well the reason i was gonna do the horn button so i can sit cross legged. its a bit easier to reach the wheel and makes it better to lean forward and keep the front end planted.