Jeep2003's "Mini Jeep" More Than 2 Wheels BBO 2013

Sweet Idea, was thinking about a trailer for our trike, its so slow and powerfull it could pull William.
Love the ideas that flow through your pip:bowdown:

Thanks Guys for all the votes sofar! Iv got a bit more done on the trailer just the suspention done and stuck some wheels on it for mock up. like i said ill be using wheels with bearings in them. they are just cheezy stamped sheet metal harbor freight crap so hopefully they will look ok when its done. Im hopeing to avoid having to frankenstein together my own wheels. its easy enough to change them out later if I cant live with them i suppose :thumbsup: next ill start on the tub. just got to do some measuring on my full size trailer to get an idea of where the bends should be . i might have to order a wide fender to cut in half if i cant find something to use

thanks im going to make a little seat in it too so i can haul a passenger. and it will be removable so i can haul whatever else. and a tailgate will allow for longer things :shrug: but its a 2' long box so its enough for a person to sit in there

built the tub pretty easy. i made my own fenders. just hammered the edge over a bent pipe. they came out pretty good i was suprised. just have to make the tailgate and hardware now :thumbsup:

finally finnished the tailgate :thumbsup: I took the jeep to a cruise-in the other night. people went nuts. lots of pictures were taken. had offers to buy it ect.. ect.. good fun

rmm727

Look who's popular :laugh:

Anyone's offer temp you into selling it. I had a couple ppl offer to buy my barstool racer and when you add up the hours, it wasn't worth it to get rid of it.

yea photobucket .. those pics will come back in a few days. no solid offers but losts of people say i should make more and sell them. I dont want to sell it any time soon and I really dont care to make more. Im done with my penny farthing now so ill be be back working on the trailer soon

trailer is almost done. Got the chassis basicly done just have to get the wheels pinned in place when the body is on so i can tell what width looks best. I still have to sand and paint the body. The wheels were too skinny for the carlisles so I widened them a bit with nuts inside. then added a bit of sheetmetal to support the tube. worked out well

Very nice work Jeep as always!!! Are those some type of valve springs you are using for the trailer suspension and also, did you make the mounting cups?

thanks owen. yep valve springs and the cups came with the valve springs. Im not sure what they came off of. I just grab all kinds of stuff that looks usefull whenever i go to the junk yard

yep i used cups for the tail light bezels of the jeep. I cut slits and bent them over for the screw tabs and used a little reflector for the light. They do come in handy sometimes :smile:

yea we have lots of fun in that thing it gets the looks for sure :laugh: I made the jerry can I saw on ebay they sell a flask that looks like jerry can but the dimentions were just a bit smaller than I wanted so I figured i save the money and build one myself thats the right size :thumbsup: I dont know if itll hold liquid Iv never tried but its just for looks anyway. that spotlight was intresting to make. Its made of the end of a wheel lug wrench with a washer welded on the end. To get the reflector lense in there without melting it I put a spring in the cup and held the lense back. when it was all cool and painted i let the lense come out to the face so its nicely held in place. I made a little tailight for the trailer Its a bit different but simmilar. I used an old licence plate reflector for the lense

i made a few video clips ill probrobly wait and make some more for one big video sometime to put it up on u-tube. I wanna figure out how to monetize it so i can get paid that should be cool :laugh: