Jeep2003's Radical Ramrod BBO 2013 Open Class

Cool thing I just discovered and might use. TV Cable wire has like a braided stainless I think shielding so when you peal back the outer insulation and push out the inner core you get a cool shielding you can put on the cables. so when i get to that point im gonna try it out. usually its the last thing i do anyway :thumbsup:

I got the back wheel all put together today. I just wire wheeled and clear coated the steel parts. hopefully that will hold up . id think it would but who knows :shrug: its easy enough to redo it if its starts getting rusty I suppose

I started on the rear seat frame. I making it out of old tire irons because its the right diameter and strong and i can bend it without it kinking. Its going good sofar. Id like to make front seats to match just for show but ill have to make them either fold up or removable so I can fit my feet in. we'll see how it goes :thumbsup:

I started on the rear seat frame. I making it out of old tire irons because its the right diameter and strong and i can bend it without it kinking. Its going good sofar. Id like to make front seats to match just for show but ill have to make them either fold up or removable so I can fit my feet in. we'll see how it goes :thumbsup:
oopsie! this post was meant for my mini jeep thread :doah:

I made a bit of progress on the ramrod. Got my cam and stuff the other day so i got the block all put together . I stripped it to the aluminum and clear coated it so it matches the wheels and brush guard. looks real good. and i started on the clutch guard. no pics of that yet but check these out. This is the ramrod when i got it. I found it on the roadside for 10$ from a scrapper. I sold the forks ,headlight and swingarm and kept the frame and wheels for a few years. Im going to use the wheels on the next mini I build even though they are rusted through in spots I should be able to fix them up. Anyway thats what I startrted with. Should make a great before and after pic anyway :thumbsup:

thanks clayton :smile: i was formulating this idea in my head since i got the bike a few years ago.
I took a few pics of the engine today but they came out terrible so youll just have to wait in suspense :rolleyes: I did get the jackshaft all put together. I went with a 3/4 shaft #41 10-12 in and #35 12-60 out I think. so that gearing should do me just fine. its what i had in the bin. just got to fix up the rusty junkyard clutch and paint the exhaust and then i can bolt down the engine.

today i bolted on the exhaust and engine and put on the carb and brake cable. im working on the throttle cable now. also i stuck some stickers on from an old mower. not sure about the 5.0hp sticker but that can always be changed :shrug: also I got the seat done and ill be bolting that on next and iv got the clutch guard started. Im trying to incorporate an old rambler hubcap in the center. it has a R on it so its pretty cool. then iv got to finish and paint the tank and fender and itll be done. Also the kick stand Is from a pocket bike. I was going to make one from scratch then tried the pb one and its perfect. hey theyre good for something :laugh: Funny story we stuck a little 2 stroke tecumseh snowblower engine on one and got it sorta working. sold it on CL for 30 bucks. Now its on there again the kid is trying to sell it for 200. or trade for something he can actually ride :laugh:

Yeah, I would scrap the 5.0 sticker. Maybe change it out for a 2" OldMiniBikes buildoff sticker...

Nice work! I really like those forks... :thumbsup:

Did you get lucky on chain length or what? Looks like just right.

yea the front worked out fine but I think its almost at the limit so hopefully the chain doesnt stretch too much. the rear one has a half link. I probrobly could have made it work without one but now its in the right place