Jeep4me's Vintage Class "Floater"

jeep4me

Hoping to get my fenders back from paint by the end of the month.

I'll be working on the jackshaft over the weekend, I'll post some pics of my progress as I can. :thumbsup:

Hoping to get my fenders back from paint by the end of the month.

I'll be working on the jackshaft over the weekend, I'll post some pics of my progress as I can. :thumbsup:
Did the fenders just need paint or did the fiberglass need repair?

I have a floater missing a chunk from fender.

jeep4me

Did the fenders just need paint or did the fiberglass need repair?

I have a floater missing a chunk from fender.
The fenders and clutch cover were actually in pretty decent condition. Only a few minor cracks and a couple small chips. The guy who's repairing and painting them will be fixing anything that needs it, putting a gel coat on them and then paint. I'm hoping they turn out as nice as I expect them to.

I remember seeing your floater in Ann Arbor at the show 4 or 5 years ago. The guy didn't even have it unloaded from his truck and someone had already bought it.

I asked the new owner, at least 10 times that day, if he would sell it to me...I guess we know that didn't happen.

The fenders and clutch cover were actually in pretty decent condition. Only a few minor cracks and a couple small chips. The guy who's repairing and painting them will be fixing anything that needs it, putting a gel coat on them and then paint. I'm hoping they turn out as nice as I expect them to.

I remember seeing your floater in Ann Arbor at the show 4 or 5 years ago. The guy didn't even have it unloaded from his truck and someone had already bought it.

I asked the new owner, at least 10 times that day, if he would sell it to me...I guess we know that didn't happen.
Yes, it made it to the holy land of southern Colorado.
It will be fun if I ever get to it!

jeep4me

Managed to make a little more progress on the floater this weekend. I had to remove the jackshaft tube because it was not square to the rear wheel/sprocket. I rewelded it back on and cleaned up the welds.

Just have to get my fenders back and I'll be sending a bunch of the metal parts out for powder coating. I need to have the fenders so my painter can match, or try to match, the powder coat to the fender color.

jeep4me

My fenders should be here tomorrow. Once I get those, I can take the rest of the parts to the powder coater so he can match the paint.
I'll have more updated pictures tomorrow.... hopefully:thumbsup:

jeep4me

So I got the fenders and chain guard back from the painter. They turned out pretty dang nice. Flat black and gloss silver.

Now I just have to gather all the rest of the parts and drop them off at the other painter for powder coating.