Jeffo's 1969 trailhorse GTO -vintage class

jeffo

Here is my submission for the build off. My dad bought the bike 25 years ago as just frame/handlebars and was supposed to build it for me. It never happened so now im bringing her to life. The colors are getting adjusted, and I plan on finding a 5hp Briggs and do my magic on it and add a cam. These are my only plans at the moment, and I can't wait to update!

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

I'll be watching this one. :thumbsup: Although your bike is a Trail Blazer not a Trail Horse. The Trail Blazer has outward bent handle bars like yours and the Trail Horse had straight up bars. Same bike otherwise.

Bumppp. In my area there are not many small engines on Craigslist :( I plan on mocking the bike up once I get a drivetrain set up then repainting it again lol. Slow progress, but I know I will have it done by the end of the buildoff.

Changed your mind about using the small block Briggs you already built?

I like your choice of a Briggs 5hp though...excellent engine.
If you can't find a good deal on CL, PM me...I have spare engines and clutches.

The small block Briggs' coil is junk. So that means the engine will be eye candy in the garage. A member on here pm'd me and told me he has at least 25 Briggs engines he wants to get rid of so hopefully that works out. Ill probably be talking to you about getting a clutch and chain. Other than those parts, all it needs is brakes.

I'm in the garage wet sanding my wheels at the moment. This back one was in ROUGH and I mean ROUGH condition when I got it. It was so bad Yellowhand just gave it to me! (Such a nice man, RIP) well I sandblasted it, painted it and now it has been wetsanded. Has a 60 tooth? Sprocket attached. Also cleaning up the cylindrical gas tank I snagged of an old toro snowblower.

The front wheel is off a bigger pocket bike, and my rear tire is a 4 ply racing slick!!
and my 2hp Briggs that doesn't have spark, so its not being used!

When I build my new engine its going to be silver with black bolts. Where the Briggs decal would go its going to read "R.I.P yellowhand" then I'm thinking something along the lines of "with our father eternally" all the parts I've posted pics of except my frame, he sold me for $20! Needless to say I think he deserves a memorial on my bike.

buckeye

Awww man. It would be cool if somehow there could be some decals made from his avatar pic. Be a good fund raiser as well as something I am sure, we could all find a spot on our minis to proudly display.

I'll be watching this one. :thumbsup: Although your bike is a Trail Blazer not a Trail Horse. The Trail Blazer has outward bent handle bars like yours and the Trail Horse had straight up bars. Same bike otherwise.
The TrailHorse GTO-300 AND GTO-400 had forward bent bars also. Not the GTO-100/200 though

The TrailHorse GTO-300 AND GTO-400 had forward bent bars also. Not the GTO-100/200 though
Yes, most models of the Trail Horse's had bent forward handle bars but the Trail Blazers had bent OUTWARD handle bars. They bent to the sides. When I mentioned that Trail Horse handle bars were straight, that is what I was referring to, they don't bend outward.