Jleon build off progress

Jleon

Didn't get enough done this week-end to post pic's but did manage to take more forward steps than back. 5 forward-2 back, =3 steps ahead!:hack::grind::thumbsup:

Jleon

Couple of progress pic's. Got the front brake from a wrecked pocket bike(hope it wasn't the brake!). The Latin in me got carried away with some rattle cans to help decide on colors, and yes the shift mechanism is a gate latch!

Jleon

:laugh:Test rode the trail bike Saturday, Is your Butt supposed to tingle for 15 min when your done? (was going to say "when you get off" but I figured you guys would jump on that remark like stink on S--T!!

Jleon

Okay, I'm this close to cutting off the original handle bars on my project. This is a vintage trail bike I can't find anything about.Trust me I've spent months trying. Is this "TABOO"?:confused:

Oldsalt

Okay, I'm this close to cutting off the original handle bars on my project. This is a vintage trail bike I can't find anything about.Trust me I've spent months trying. Is this "TABOO"?:confused:
It's your bike...do as you wish. Unless, if fact, it's the only known survivor of a particularly rare model [and should be in a helium filled chamber] there is no reason to hesitate with the hack saw.

Jleon

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines. Just didn't want to ruin any possible sales value later on. I was pretty sure I was going to:hack:them off. Thanks, that's all the encouragement I needed!

Oldsalt

A couple of things have always been true when it comes to cars and bikes and etc: Your ride is worth zero dollars if you are not going to sell it. If you plan on selling it ...don't put no work in it. Don't get caught up in the foolishness of worrying what the item is worth....that removes a lot of the fun.

Jleon

More boring pic's. Still having trouble with the photo program on my PC. Another pic is too SMALL and I usually post the BIG pic's. Go Figure. Anyway had to post the pic of the handle bars and sawzall. Willpost a better pic of the APE hangers later. Where's your guys pic's?:hack::weld:

Jleon

I know-It's huge but it is a long mini, the seat should put everything in prospective. I'm hoping anyway. I PM'd you.

There's still another 12"'s of frame behind the seat! And 7"'s in front!

Jleon

Been in the shop all day, I have a little fridge full of brew and some Vodka and Tonic, so bear with me as I post up more pic's. Hent said bring -em-on, so thats what I'm doing. no-one said how much fun this would be ,not to mention how expensive! Just today I spent $67.00 on screws, washers, a piece of metal( I'm done going to Lowes for metal), and some clear coat!