JLO powered Tote Gote R750

This R750 Tote Gote came with the motor plate specifically for the JLO Rockwell motor. The top frame rails were 'bowed' to fit the head of the large motor. We found a 292 JLO (same size as 340 but smaller bore) to fit. we still have lots of work before we can ride it, but at least we got to mock it up.

Attachments

Thanks for posting this Richard. These bikes, in my opinion are the epitome of the trail bikes of the era. I am extremely interested in this one, and know you are going to do it justice. Looking forward to more photos as you progress.

That is too cool. Love them old JLO motors, should perform great. Now only if there was a way to get a JLO 372 in there........haha.

My Dad had one of these he raced when they first came out (late 60's early 70's). His came with the 340cc JLO. He knew the boy's at "Bonhum Corp" and got one when they first came out. I rode it ( 17 years old at the time) and it was impressive. Nothing prior to these machines where purpose built race bikes from Tote Gote. They had a short run. They company closed down early 70's.