Joe's Minibike Reunion, Aug 4th La Crescenta, CA

Smallbore

okay, who knows who won what?
If you would have stayed you could have taken home your trophy James !
As for what it was ? I have no clue
:shrug:

I won 3 myself... Best Custom, Top 10 award, and the Alden Award for "The most significant minibike of the event"

Who knew :pimp:

Well I've been to hundreds of car shows but this was my first minibike show, it was pretty cool. It was great meeting Neck, Paul, Ed, George and a couple others. A few bikes missing I thought would be represented, maybe next time.

Dee

very nice event.. can only grow from this point on. burger truck had a burger called mexican mafia that was really good... (as opposed to its name!)

cant wait for next year , i heard joe mention there might be riding which is always a plus :thumbsup:

really well done Joe!

About Joes minibike reunion!
It was fun but any time minibikers get together its fun any ways!
we don't need it to get commercialized to be fun? we don't need more signs set up around the park then minibikes? we don't need 30 second commercials, top dog advertizements and marketing to have fun with our minibikes? look at the long beach drag racers have plenty of fun and that's EVERY Saturday no matter what! sure its nice to have those expensive trophy's,awards and prizes, but that's not what its all about! its the grass roots of this small community! we pretty much see all these bikes all over OldMiniBikes any ways and know which ones are cool and very nice. and having a minibike show and calling it that would be cool for those who spend endless hours and money to make them show worthy but then there are the ones who just enjoy doing what ever they can afford to do to a minibike or what they want to spend on their mminibikes!
Its the personal minibike gatherings to talk about your prize collection and trade ideas, parts and any thing that has to do with them! and most of all "Riding Them"! this should had been called a "minibike show" not a reunion? there was not one minibike there that could not had been ridden or made to ride very easily!
Its about minibikes no matter what you want to do with them,its about minibikers no matter what they want to do with them! its not about this guy or that guy with the most money to put on some event with his name all over it! Windber never had to do any of that? Windber just posted they were having a old fashion minibike reunion and the people with minibikes came plan and simple! please read my West coast minibike reunion event post!

Last edited:

TomH

You had the choice to come or not wyody. These individuals put a whole lot of time and effort and $bucks in these events. I don't know anybody involved or have anything to gain here. But where I come from, if you have a resentment and a coffepot, start your own event. I would love to be able to go to that event and Paul's and Mac's..and yours too. You don't know how spoiled you are dude.:laugh:

mini bike reunion

But wouldn't it be even more fun to have one BIG minibike reunion put on by just they same guys who do have the money and resources to be a real "West coast minibike Reunion"???? and not competing for whose got the best one etc.! yeah we could benefit from letting these guys continue to put on their events but it just maker more sense to join forces and put one huge if possible big minibike event with a small town to help out with trail riding and parades. Paul had mention he knew a place like that one time not that far from him,and who cares the name/names printed all over the ad,s as long as we get our "West coast minibike reunion"? you can still have the shows,marketing and advertizing to help recoup their money invested, but again it would not be for that guy or this guy but for all minibikers!