Johnny Law is coming for your MIni Bike

Yeah, that's a problem. But Baltimore has been allowing it to happen for years. All manner of orv. Dirt bikes, off road 3 and 4 wheelers, mini bikes, go carts. They call themselves The Charm City Kings 1657665400162.png

Then there is these idiots in their cars. 1657665501369.png

SAS289

A couple weeks ago Cleveland had an "operation wheels down" where police busted riders. Fines, confiscation, and some arrests. They confiscated mostly dirt bikes and quads but they did list 2 minibikes.

The former mayor ordered police not to chase guys down and they were thinking about building a million dollar dirt track in the hood. Now the new mayor is cracking down due to complaints.

A couple weeks ago Cleveland had an "operation wheels down" where police busted riders. Fines, confiscation, and some arrests. They confiscated mostly dirt bikes and quads but they did list 2 minibikes.

The former mayor ordered police not to chase guys down and they were thinking about building a million dollar dirt track in the hood. Now the new mayor is cracking down due to complaints.
Buffalo has also taken action, confiscating atvs. Not chasing, using drones!! Crazy!!

Curious where they list their sheriffs sale?

Minimichael

Even with a license plate (registered, insured), I've been stopped and questioned. A law-abiding old man riding his minibike around the neighborhood is sometimes a target for unwanted attention by law enforcement.
I should think us old guys deserve a pass when just riding around our own neighborhood, as long as we're not being a nuisance or driving recklessly. After all, most police I know are also softies when it comes to motorcycles. ;)

GustoGuy

Even with a license plate (registered, insured), I've been stopped and questioned. A law-abiding old man riding his minibike around the neighborhood is sometimes a target for unwanted attention by law enforcement.

Makes me feel good that I live in rural setting in Minnesota. Lots of ATV's and Side by sides and dirt bikes and a few minibikes (mostly mine) I also have 5.5 acres and a private drive shared by my neighbors the closest one is about 10TH of a mile away. I never get harassed by the Police.

Last edited:
I don't think it's right when a bunch of yahoos on non-street legal bikes, quads, etc. in groups are tying up city roads doing their wheelies and stunts.
I mean really? What happens when one of those ass clowns runs into you or your car. Do you think they have insurance to cover the damage?
Good luck.
I remember being stuck in a major interestion in San Jose while a bunch of bikes kept doing circles in an intersection and no one could get by. They are lucky no one ran them over. Stupid shit!

Minimichael

Agreed, Good Vibe! I grew up in a neighborhood grid on the south side and it was just understood you didn't want to get caught with anything that wasn't street legal. Some of the stuff kids are doin on you tube nowadays looks real ballsy. You don't really see that around Chicago tho... thankfully. I say if you're hot doggin at the expense of other people's safety, you're risking title to that vehicle, at a minimum.

A few years ago somewhere in NY a warehouse full of confiscated bikes and quads became an issue for the mayor. His remedy for this issue was to pile all the machines in a parking lot and have a bulldozer run over them smashing them to send off for scrap. I watched the news video, it was terrible. It seems after this event, these big group rides organized to outnumber the police and send chaos/mayhem through the streets.

GustoGuy

Around me no one cares. But I’m in the country.
I like the country. Couldn't pay me to live in a big city. I used to live in a smaller town. Never got stopped but supposedly minibikes and ATV'S are not welcome. I now have 5.5 acres and live on a private drive and my nearest neighbor is a 10th of a mile away.. I can ride to my hearts content and nobody stops me.