Johnny Law is coming for your MIni Bike

I ride on the streets of my town…test ride the hot rods right in front of my house…now I don’t ride downtown but around my neighborhood…the only issues I seem to have are the unemployed drunk inbred meth heads stating i disturb their peace….and I really care about that….neighbors even asked, while I was convalescing, when I was going riding again…no one cares…until 10 pm…then you better shut it down…

I ride on the streets of my town…test ride the hot rods right in front of my house…now I don’t ride downtown but around my neighborhood…the only issues I seem to have are the unemployed drunk inbred meth heads stating i disturb their peace….and I really care about that….neighbors even asked, while I was convalescing, when I was going riding again…no one cares…until 10 pm…then you better shut it down…
LMAO!

"the only issues I seem to have are the unemployed drunk inbred meth heads stating i disturb their peace….and I really care about that"

Back in the 60's and 70's I lived in small town Indiana. Never got hassled.
Not so today. I take my licensed, insured, stock 1974 Suzuki 185 Enduro out once a month to keep things lubed. I get a lot of evil looks from people walking and/or walking their dogs.
I miss the old days for so many things.

I hear and see dirtbikes and quads in my neighborhood, i live right near power lines. No one seems to care.
The odd bike or quad once in a while is no big deal.
I think confiscation is wrong, that is private property and LE has no right to take it. Pay the fine, bring the bike home.

Ding Ding

A few years ago somewhere in NY a warehouse full of confiscated bikes and quads became an issue for the mayor. His remedy for this issue was to pile all the machines in a parking lot and have a bulldozer run over them smashing them to send off for scrap. I watched the news video, it was terrible. It seems after this event, these big group rides organized to outnumber the police and send chaos/mayhem through the streets.
I believe that was just recently in late June of this year...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yo...egal-dirt-bikes-mayor-eric-adams-safety-plan/

The last race meet up we had (1/4 mile runs in a fairly safe place) the Oakland police shut us down. She talked to us at first after getting a call from a Regional Parks person (we were in their parking lot). She was cool and didn't have a problem since no one was riding at the time. A few of us had done some runs prior to her showing up. Anyway, she sat down the street waiting for someone to go out on the street. My friend finally decided to ride down and see what she'd do. Sure enough she pulled out. He talked to her and she said since they'd had a complaint (from the Parks asshole) that she'd ticket anyone that rode out on the street. He said she was very nice about the whole thing and basically couldn't let us do our thing since there had been a complaint. She wouldn't have really cared otherwise. We didn't have a big crowd at this one either since it was a only show up if you're racing event.

Good job Oakland police. You shut down the one safe spot we found to do 1/4 mile runs. All they're doing now is pushing us to find another place that's going to be riskier. We've raced there before and no one cares. Even old people going by on their bikes stop and watch the action (zero complaints). We haven't had one issue until that last time.

I remember being stuck in a major interestion in San Jose while a bunch of bikes kept doing circles in an intersection and no one could get by. They are lucky no one ran them over. Stupid shit!
You're in the Bay Area? I'm in Richmond.

The last race meet up we had (1/4 mile runs in a fairly safe place) the Oakland police shut us down. She talked to us at first after getting a call from a Regional Parks person (we were in their parking lot). She was cool and didn't have a problem since no one was riding at the time. A few of us had done some runs prior to her showing up. Anyway, she sat down the street waiting for someone to go out on the street. My friend finally decided to ride down and see what she'd do. Sure enough she pulled out. He talked to her and she said since they'd had a complaint (from the Parks asshole) that she'd ticket anyone that rode out on the street. He said she was very nice about the whole thing and basically couldn't let us do our thing since there had been a complaint. She wouldn't have really cared otherwise. We didn't have a big crowd at this one either since it was a only show up if you're racing event.

Good job Oakland police. You shut down the one safe spot we found to do 1/4 mile runs. All they're doing now is pushing us to find another place that's going to be riskier. We've raced there before and no one cares. Even old people going by on their bikes stop and watch the action (zero complaints). We haven't had one issue until that last time.

I used to live in the San Jose area, but now live in NC. Coast to coast. Lol.

Minimichael

It's about liability, folks. Nobody wants you getting hurt on their property.

It's about liability, folks. Nobody wants you getting hurt on their property.
We were racing on public streets. The only issue the Oakland Police officer had was that the bikes weren't street legal, so we couldn't ride them on the street. Us being in the parking lot wasn't an issue. I'm sure if she saw us ripping down the street at 70+mph there would have been some tickets given at minimum.

toomanytoys

Back in the 60's and 70's I lived in small town Indiana. Never got hassled.
Not so today. I take my licensed, insured, stock 1974 Suzuki 185 Enduro out once a month to keep things lubed. I get a lot of evil looks from people walking and/or walking their dogs.
I miss the old days for so many things.
when I rode street and trail bikes I had a klx250s. It looked more like a dirt bike (short turn signals and such) with a loud yoshi pipe on it. I got more dirty looks and pulled over several times by the police telling me I couldn’t have my dirt bike on the road. I’d have them my registration and insurance card and they would be floored that it was legal.

when I rode street and trail bikes I had a klx250s. It looked more like a dirt bike (short turn signals and such) with a loud yoshi pipe on it. I got more dirty looks and pulled over several times by the police telling me I couldn’t have my dirt bike on the road. I’d have them my registration and insurance card and they would be floored that it was legal.
Lol. I always wanted one of those.
In the 70's, when I was a wee lad of 16,
I bought a brand new Kaw 175 F7
2-stroke enduro. Street legal with turn signals. Man, I loved that bike. Lots of power.

I grew up in Anaheim California, in the mid 70's ripping around on my Cat 250X I had the police chase me down many times , we had a big Baptist church behind my house , I could drive in the main entry ( cops on my ass) then take a hard right into a concrete area between the first 2 church buildings, the cops could turn and follow too , but then there was a sidewalk between bldg 1 and bldg 3 that I'd take another hard right ( cop car couldnt fit ) and I'd haul ass back to the road , 100 yards around the corner and back home behind my fence before the cop could put his car into reverse ! An escape route is essential !

pomfish

I have a 2007 KLX250s and the guy I got it from said "This loud pipe goes with it" to which I replied keep it, don't want any part of it.
When you are young loud pipes are cool, at my age they are just freaking annoying and they lead to getting a second look from John Law.

Good Vibs;
My first bike was1972 F7, couldn't afford a car so a bike it was for the first 6 months of license, then got a 1965 289 Mustang Fastback :)
Blew up the F7 by going in the river too deep when it was hot, then rebuilt with Wisceo piston, shaved head and Hooker header.
Good times for sure.

I have a 2007 KLX250s and the guy I got it from said "This loud pipe goes with it" to which I replied keep it, don't want any part of it.
When you are young loud pipes are cool, at my age they are just freaking annoying and they lead to getting a second look from John Law.

Good Vibs;
My first bike was1972 F7, couldn't afford a car so a bike it was for the first 6 months of license, then got a 1965 289 Mustang Fastback :)
Blew up the F7 by going in the river too deep when it was hot, then rebuilt with Wisceo piston, shaved head and Hooker header.
Good times for sure.
I love those early Kaw enduros.
I froze mine up by running it out of oil. Damn kids. Lol

toomanytoys

Good Vibs;
Good times for sure.
I don’t care for loud anymore. But that bike did need all the help it could get power wise. The full exhaust and jet kit helped the power a little bit. At least let it rev a bit quicker and smoother.

I miss that bike. I shouldn’t have gotten rid of it. I went to adventure bikes now. I don’t off road them over than gravel roads though.