June1-3 2007 Harbor freight sidewalk sale

Oldsalt

Have bought a lot of stuff from Harbor Freight. The purchases have been rather selective but all of the items have held up well. A twin cylinder compressor with a 60 gallon tank has supplied air for a welding and machine shop plus the small winery next door for 4 years....runs a couple of hours a day...no problems. A 20 ton hydraulic press, made by C. H. Ina, has not failed to do everything expected of it. The cheapie cherry picker has never had a problem. The operative word here is "selective" purchasing. Sure, there is a lot of junk that can't be expected to last but I have been more than satisfied with the stuff I've purchased. It is hard to resist buying an item made in India/China/Indonesia or whatever if you can't afford the U.S. built item. For instance, I have a Snap-On floor jack. It was >400 bucks when purchased years ago. Had to have a second jack. Did not have the guts to inquire if Snap-On still produced the item. Hell, it would probably be 600 bucks now. Buy American? Too often the choice is to do without or buy the offshore stuff.

Hent

Have bought a lot of stuff from Harbor Freight. The purchases have been rather selective but all of the items have held up well. A twin cylinder compressor with a 60 gallon tank has supplied air for a welding and machine shop plus the small winery next door for 4 years....runs a couple of hours a day...no problems. A 20 ton hydraulic press, made by C. H. Ina, has not failed to do everything expected of it. The cheapie cherry picker has never had a problem. The operative word here is "selective" purchasing. Sure, there is a lot of junk that can't be expected to last but I have been more than satisfied with the stuff I've purchased. It is hard to resist buying an item made in India/China/Indonesia or whatever if you can't afford the U.S. built item. For instance, I have a Snap-On floor jack. It was >400 bucks when purchased years ago. Had to have a second jack. Did not have the guts to inquire if Snap-On still produced the item. Hell, it would probably be 600 bucks now. Buy American? Too often the choice is to do without or buy the offshore stuff.
Well said on the "selective" purchases from there. 70% of the stuff from there is junk, but like you said, the presses, cherry pickers and other equipment can be good. I have a media blasting cabinet, and pressurized sand blaster from there - and they both work well. Hell, I bought a 4" grinder from there for $11 three years ago, and it works almost as well as my dewalt and craftsman. However, I still dont suggest buying any power tools from there :thumbsup: