Junkyard portaband stand

rugblaster

Made this during the corona virus shutdown. The base is a discarded quadriceps weight lifting machine, the black part. The rest is small scrap steel pieces I had lying around. The saw handle is supported by two hooks and is tensioned by two 1/4 inch round bars with 1/4 inch bolts welded to the ends. They go through existing holes where the seat was on the weigh lifting machine. The tool rest is a 3/8ths thick piece of aluminium which is attached to the saw. These saws are available at harbor freight currently via a coupon for $89 bucks......the blades are junk, so go to Lowe's and get the Lennox blades, cuts steel and aluminium like butt-ah. IMG_1991.JPG

You will enjoy having that to use. It needs one more addition. It needs a foot pedal. I love the foot pedal on mine. Walk up to it and step on the pedal, cut what you need and walk off. Its a super useful addition to a shop. Adding a foot pedal makes it even better. I searched Ebay and found an old SquareD momentary contact pedal for cheap. Wired it up and added a light that the pedal operates as well.

Pics of the foot switch. I bought a standard 16 gauge replacement tool pigtail. And a couple of feet of 16-3 cord. I built a receptacle box with a wire strain relief and ran it to the foot switch along with the replacement pigtail. Simple plug and play. It gives 2 outlets so you can plug in the tool and the light. I bought a SWAG table years ago and I must say that I have gotten my monies worth out of it.

Attachments

Made this during the corona virus shutdown. The base is a discarded quadriceps weight lifting machine, the black part. The rest is small scrap steel pieces I had lying around. The saw handle is supported by two hooks and is tensioned by two 1/4 inch round bars with 1/4 inch bolts welded to the ends. They go through existing holes where the seat was on the weigh lifting machine. The tool rest is a 3/8ths thick piece of aluminium which is attached to the saw. These saws are available at harbor freight currently via a coupon for $89 bucks......the blades are junk, so go to Lowe's and get the Lennox blades, cuts steel and aluminium like butt-ah. View attachment 260055
Its been a long time since I sold a Valiant. If I recall that's a 63. Loved those cars. They run forever. Had a black 65 2 door with red guts that had a 225 and a factory 4 speed. It was a fun car. The year was late 1969.

Last edited: