Just bought a Tote Gote Model 400-4

I'm new to the site here, glad to be a part of the mini bike club. Looks like a lot of knowledge here. I've been wanting a tote gote for a little while and this one just came up for sale real close. Its in ruff shape but workable I think. From the little research I've done the climb away clutch might be the hardest thing to come by, if anyone has any insight please let me know. The strange thing is the model number on the tag is 400-4 with a serial number of 439. I have tried to find out any information on it but found none. All I can see is that it is in the 400 family. If anyone has any more information on it that would be great. Also I'd like to put an original engine in it, I'm assuming a briggs 4 hp of some kind? Anyway glad to be here and hopefully get some information to move forward.

Thanks, Greg

Attachments

Nice tote gote. The 400 was the smaller frame sister to the more common 600. The '4' after the model number shows yours was a 4hp. That motor came with a pulsajet carb on top of the gas tank. Some models were modified at the tote gote factory with a flojet carb. A 5hp will fit as well. The climbaways are hard to find and usually expensive. A Comet series 20 clutch would work if you shim it to fit a 7/8" wide belt.

Attachments