Just bought Rupp need more information...

Hello Folks,
I Found this locally, and I think i got a good deal (I'm new at this). I can't find any numbers on it, but am fairly sure its a Rupp. It has a 5HP briggs, but I don't know if that is original or not. Can anybody help identify it and give me some details of what it was originally? Possible colors, year, engine, shocks, options, etc. Also, what would be a good price to have paid for this? What would it be worth restored?

Thanks

Rupp Mini Bike.JPG

I saw that sold in 1 day on offer up. It is a lil Indian sabre. If you look on the swing arm mount on the right side I believe there should be a serial number on it. You might have to clear some paint away. If you paid what they had it listed for or even a little under you did good. Nice score.

Last edited:
Everything looks correct except the engine. It's looks like a 70'-71' maybe. Post a pic of the other side. If it has original clutch cover you did real well. It looks like the original engine would have been a 4hp briggs since that 5hp fits so nicely. Doesn't look like there would have been room for a front mount gas tank of a hs40. If it runs like that then have fun and enjoy it. There are nice riding bikes.

Post edit. Might be a 68'-69' if it was a briggs engine bike.
Experts will know.
Also operators are standing by waiting to see if you'll sell. Lol

Last edited:

capguncowboy

What's the difference between the Sabre and the Spitfire?

EDIT: I see, the rear suspension frame was the Sabre

Last edited: