just finished !

markus

That came out Great!!! I love the color! Just an FYI thuough, that frame was never sold as a duck or through Bird, it was exclusively Sears sold and labeled and its the later/last one ones made (they did not call them Drovers, but everyone calls them that) up 72/73 timeframe.

The engine is the '80's version so if the code starts with a 2 Its a 1982. Have fun with it!

That came out Great!!! I love the color! Just an FYI thuough, that frame was never sold as a duck or through Bird, it was exclusively Sears sold and labeled and its the later/last one ones made (they did not call them Drovers, but everyone calls them that) up 72/73 timeframe.

The engine is the '80's version so if the code starts with a 2 Its a 1982. Have fun with it!
Thanks for the info Markus. I agree ,everyone calls them something different .the engine numbers are HS 40 55200J 7245B stamped on the top of the housing. the bike was originally yellow .. any info appreciated.Thanks, Mick . The color is illusion red.

markus

Thanks for the info Markus. I agree ,everyone calls them something different .the engine numbers are HS 40 55200J 7245B stamped on the top of the housing. the bike was originally yellow .. any info appreciated.Thanks, Mick . The color is illusion red.
That engine is a actually a 1987 with electronic ignition (7 is the last number of the year 245 is the day of that year).....I have its identical twin built a few months earlier in that year (mine is 7096 or something near it) that I picked up on letgo a few weeks ago:

Its NOS but I am going to tear it down, Had an issue with a NOS engine smoking a bit due to sitting for so many years so from now on I tear everything open and clean and inspect before fuel and oil goes in!!

Those Sears bikes setup like yours with the holes in the sprocket were model number 80758 I believe. The parts breakdown sheet Sears has on them has a date of august 1973 which I believe is a revision due to something stated about a clutch style change. Bird did not appear to offer anything like those post 1970, You'll note that all Sears bikes went to 1" tubing at that point and some changes were made here and there in design (like headtube etc..) They look to have wanted their own exclusive line of bikes at that time, so you went to sears to get your replacement parts etc..

markus

thanks Marcus, I appreciate the info. I have another bike same frame . I'm gonna try & get some ID tags made now that I know the Mod #
Hey I spotted this while cleaning up the files in my PC tonight, from '73 I altered the photo a bit to fucous on the the bike like yours so it would come out pretty clear.