"Just for fun" Class Tote Gote Nova 780

Assembled rear brake, shut off wiring and throttle. The original brake cable setup had the cable ran in a loop through a spoon on brake actuator. I opted to use fishing tackle- a SS thimble, two swedges, and heat shrink. I forgot the spring on the outside. Doesn't matter though. Seems to work very well.

Finished the tank. I didn't do any body work. Tank wasn't that bad, (thanks James C) though I did recoat the inside for good measure. Side pieces fit well, and clear the driven.

Everything is a tight fit. I cut some metal out of the air filter housing to keep it from hitting the tank. Dumb. Should have used rubber elbow and foam filter. The shocks are way stiffer now. Probably won't hit the tank anyway.

Waiting on stickers and a set. Having the seat done by a friend in the business locally, to save on shipping. He does it at cost, but Kenny's work is so good, I still almost went that way.

wow looks real good....:thumbsup:
Thank you sir.

Dave did you chrome the fork lowers or just some nev-r-dull??
De-rusted, fine wire brush. I came close to sending them in, but as it turns out, I did not chrome a single thing on this. Torn between an "over restoration" (like most of my crap) or just cleaning it, painting, etc.

I just now took it for a ride. No leaks, runs good, feels good. Needs a seat, and I'm sure the stickers will make it a lot faster. :thumbsup:

~~is pushing her gote thru the desert to dave's shop..............nice dave.......:thumbsup:
Thanks Tippy. I have the template for the side cover saved. No promises, but I might do a couple more. If you want, you can send me your shocks and I can rebuild them, now that I have that learning curve flattened out.

By the looks of this ....you're an expert!!!:punk:
LOL, not even, though I can describe what "not" to do on several subjects. :thumbsup:

NICE!!

Great attention to detail.
Thanks Gerry. Form follows function. This build didn't let me get away with anything. Except not chroming. It did that.

Seat and decals applied. A friend did the seat- he does a business upholstering hot rods. Can you tell? :laugh: Rode about a mile into the desert and up a jeep trail. Ended up putting about 4 miles on it. I'm calling this one done. And no, I didn't drag a roll of TP up into the hills with me. It just wouldn't be right. :no:

Thanks to the "Gote" fans who followed this build, and the many OldMiniBikes members who sold me parts, and a special thanks to Richard Trotter for the many detailed photographs, technical specifications, and historical data!