Just got this What is it?

I got this for the grandkids need any info as to what will fit,brand? I am only wanting a good running mini bike. I'm not sure what motor will work. Handle bars are 7/8" and front axle is 5/8". I dont see any way to adjust the chain. I'm guessing its old? Tires only say 4.00-6 on the back and the front is smaller. Any idea what will fit? Thanks for the add.

Attachments

from what I noticed mine has a foot brake and no brake hub on the rear wheel. The 3502 had a rear brake. I ordered new wheel bearings , a brake lever in case I can add a rear brake, and a throttle with about a 32" cable. I'm going to need tires but can't find the front tire by the size 4.00-6. The front tire was I think a 4.10/3.50-6 I think that is wrong number but it's smaller than the back. I was thinking about a harbor freight engine. 99.00.

markus

the reproduction 14x6 "trials" tire made by coker has will be the most equivalent to the rear 4.00x6, the front on those were smaller from the factory, the tires on your roller are the OG ones. the scrub brake has been added by someone over the years since the orginal disc brake has been removed for some reason

Thank you guys for the help. It would work to take a board and cut it flat add some foam and cover it for a seat?Did they have numbers on them for an id? Is it possible to get a generic rear brake and why is there 2 gears bolted together on the rear tire?

45t

Thank you guys for the help. It would work to take a board and cut it flat add some foam and cover it for a seat?Did they have numbers on them for an id? Is it possible to get a generic rear brake and why is there 2 gears bolted together on the rear tire?
The serial # is located on the leading edge of the engine plate, left side if your sitting on it. Paint usually fills in the serial # stamp, so sometimes you need to lightly sand/wire brush off the paint to see the serial #. You can always make your own seat, but I’d recommend using carpet padding glued together for better support. A single piece of foam usually doesn’t work well and it can be a rough ride due to bottoming out on the board while riding. Or buy a seat off of eBay. Get a band break setup/kit. It’s easy to install and set up. Lastly, the double sprocket in the back is not supposed to be like that, it should be a single sprocket. Hope this helps

45t

The rest of the # is the production #
from what I noticed mine has a foot brake and no brake hub on the rear wheel. The 3502 had a rear brake. I ordered new wheel bearings , a brake lever in case I can add a rear brake, and a throttle with about a 32" cable. I'm going to need tires but can't find the front tire by the size 4.00-6. The front tire was I think a 4.10/3.50-6 I think that is wrong number but it's smaller than the back. I was thinking about a harbor freight engine. 99.00.
Front tire is a 4.10/3.50-6 and rear should be the 4.00-6. Both were knobby tires from the factory on the Slingshot. Similar to the set up on my sons 400TS (pic attached)

Attachments

45t

I wanted them to be the same diameter so that's why I changed it.[/QU

With the rake of the factory length fork, putting a 4.10/3.50-6 on the back will make the back of the bike sit lower. It will create a reverse rake making it look squatty in the rear.

I found a picture of a guy selling a slingshot 350. It looks just like mine only better. I'm confused is a 3502 close or what? The set up of the rear brake is the same as the 350.