Just picked this up, anyone have any ideas what it is?

DaddyJohn

In 69 they first put Briggs on them. At some point they switched to Tecumseh. I had a 3hp Briggs on mine. Original color was a yellow (school bus yellow?).
Good to know! Need to be on the lookout for a little Briggs, but may press forward with the Tecumseh since I have it. A full-correct resto probably wouldn’t cost-justify itself. :(

45t

Good to know! Need to be on the lookout for a little Briggs, but may press forward with the Tecumseh since I have it. A full-correct resto probably wouldn’t cost-justify itself. :(
id say run what ya got with the Tecumseh. The 300TT is an odd model and you don’t see too many of them. A full resto can be costly but you’d be surprised what a little time and paint can do for the bike. On closer inspection of yours it looks like an older/earlier model because it doesn’t have the indent on the engine plate for the kickstand Mount and the foot pegs are fixed/non folding.

DaddyJohn

It doesn’t look like I have any provisions for foot pegs or a kick stand on the chassis as it sits. There’s a piece of welded on rod sticking about 3” straight out the side of the left lower frame rail though. Not sure what that’s for, as there isn’t one on the other side...

45t

It doesn’t look like I have any provisions for foot pegs or a kick stand on the chassis as it sits. There’s a piece of welded on rod sticking about 3” straight out the side of the left lower frame rail though. Not sure what that’s for, as there isn’t one on the other side...
that 3” rod is the original foot peg. You’ll have to match up some metal rod material of the same size to weld up to the other side. The diagonal holes on the engine plate are the holes to mount the kickstand

DaddyJohn

That’s super helpful, may have to fab up a kickstand to look similar.

Is there a certain peg rubber available to use on that rod?

45t

Attachments