K-Mo's O.M.B. build off

K-Mo, those parts are looking great. The tires ar tiny, will be interesting to see them in person on the bike.

As far as what Delray was saying about the custon versus vintage I tend to disagree. If the class was called stock I would agree that you are out of bounds. Since it is not stated as a stock build I think you are OK. Now if you started adding "custom" body work or fenders or went with a god awfull chromolusuion $3000 paint job or chromed the entire frame that would be a custom.

the way I see it, adding the high performance chain, and polishing/chroming the sprocket is something a rich kid might have done to his prized mini bike back when vintage was the present day. If people are going to nit pick the rules, either make them more clear, or get rid of them. I think a stock restored class would be cool, as well as a vintage or "Hot Rod" class and a Custom class.

For the record, this is a non biased opinion. I am not participating in the build off, I dont even have a mini bike. I just browse here to check out the cool old bikes and craftmanship.

delray

ok with me,i just thought it was a custom bike . i did not know you were entering in stock vintage. long as you dont install a 16hp vanguard:doah:
chrome sprocket will look good with the polish mags:thumbsup:

KB2ROCKET

A chrome sprocket!!!A chrome sprocket!!!A chrome sprocket!!!A chrome sprocket!!!A chrome sprocket!!!A chrome sprocket!!!A chrome sprocket!!!
oh NO! hide the women & children
LOL!!
who cares its just a mini bike and its looking good :thumbsup:

Heres a pic. of the grips I'm going to run on my build off bike the ones to the left are Rupp style grips very plain jane but clean looking to the right are my foot peg grips found these at an old old ACE Hardware store inn indy.
:hammer:

vintage hardtail well I pretty much put my heart and soul in to this minibike I will be posting my final pics before the deadline but she is done
The LiL Ruttman
:wink:

delray

hey kyle i will be posting some pictures soon. it has been little slow with a new born and overtime at work. bike will have the same theme as my green bike, i built for my stepson. but i will have to fab more things on this bike to give it a vintage look when it is done. building it for my nephew and he wants it red. i will go with a red frame with a black engine and also fab a jackshaft ,so it is gear down to pull him around and up small hills. this will be his first minibike so i don't want it to go to fast or my sister will kill me:doah:
Guards red on your bike is same as porsche red from the 70's?. my buddy use that color on a street rod project. color really pop's out in the sun light:thumbsup: good color for your minibike project:thumbsup:

Wow!...

I keep looking at the pics of this bike...what a beautiful job...I'll bet Ruttman never had one leave the factory looking this good.

Nice...VERY Nice...thanks for posting it...very inspiring.