K&S Hornet by Scottessey. 2015 build off JFF class

oh my goodness...........that was so worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it is the year for green.......all shades!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im GREEN with envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great Scott! Seems like only yesterday you & I were having a conversation about color for this bike.... Guessing you're happy with it, Huh? LOL!

rmm727

After see this K&S makes me want to throw mine in the dumpster. Beautiful job. I think you need fatter tires on there. Vintage equivalent of 145/70-6's.

Thanks Fellas. And yeah Dan, thanks for suggesting green. I like how it turned out. :thumbsup:

I've been messing with the engine and although I have it running nicely, it's been spewing some oil out of the breather. I thought that it was just from overfilling it, which I did, :facepalm: but, it's been doing it even after I lowered the level. I drained it today and opened up the case. Could this have been the culprit? I think at some point, a bolt that was a little too long was put in to mount the clutch cover and this was the result. I'm going to try and fill the end of the hole with a little weld and seal it up. I think that should do it...hoping it will solve the breather leak issue. :thumbsup:

Scottessey

I took the engine apart, ordered some rings from Ebay, and went to reassemble it but one of the rings didn't fit. I called OldMiniBikes and talked to a great guy in tech support who actually pulled the ring set off the shelf, grabbed a caliper, and measured a ring for me to make sure it would fit my piston. It was some great customer service. Needless to say, I bought the rings from OldMiniBikes this time like I wished I would have the first time. They should be here soon and I'll have the engine up and running. Thanks Chad!!! :thumbsup:

I called OldMiniBikes and talked to a great guy in tech support who actually pulled the ring set off the shelf, grabbed a caliper, and measured a ring for me to make sure it would fit my piston. It was some great customer service. Needless to say, I bought the rings from OldMiniBikes this time like I wished I would have the first time. They should be here soon and I'll have the engine up and running. Thanks Chad!!! :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: It's good to hear the positive comments once in awhile. I also have great luck with OldMiniBikes. Great job on this bike. I will be copying your rear axle adjuster for a Rogue 400 I have waiting in line. Nice, tidy setup.

Yes! After a quick hone and some new rings, the engine is running great now. And...We had some decent painting weather yesterday. The engine took a while, so I'm stoked to have it complete. I also started working on the seat. :thumbsup: