kawasaki mini bike mini frame?

trash it are build it

• Total voters
I got this in a trade about 15yr ago and dug it out to start a project. it looked to me to be a mini bike style but after dusting it off I found a vin number and the words stamped japan KHI on the tube and then a vin which is a 1982 kawasaki motorcycle 80cc and it took me about a hour to decode the number. if anybody needs help with a Kawasaki I have a site to go to for the decoder. what a bummer I guess.

Last edited:
I agree with Tom , probly just the neck from the kawi , got any forks for it
Its the perfect candidate for a ratrod kind of build

it is a thick little frame and the neck has a nice little rake to it no I don't have any forks but I looked up the kaw's bearing seem to be a standard size she is tough looking I might build for myself. I am going to to look at some frames and stuff from a member on here and hope I can buy it. I will tell you all this ya'll are a lot nicer than a couple of site's I have been on I just got a nasty gram from a go kart forum because I posted the same question as I did here to help me with the buggy they told me if I didn't know the make well don't post:blink:

it has trailmate and a serial number the only thing I can find on that company is three wheel bikes and they are in florida. I can take more pic if any one can decode the frame are the design it is all pretty straight and it was a green color that I DO REMEBER but I threw it in the back of a old parts truck oh mine for about 15yr and just remember it yesterday.

Cheer up Terry ! I think it would be a great start to build a mini with.

Coincidentally there is a 'build-off' here on OldMiniBikes that is just getting started..entries allowed 1/1 thru 1/31 I believe. This would be a good candidate for the open class I think.

Keep us posted as to what you do.

And welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

I have a member on here that is going to get me hooked up with a frame at a good price and maybe I will join in the build off. anybody know what is the smallest shaft size you can get a clutch for I bought a old Clinton engine I want to use but it has a small shaft on it so might have to get a briggs for the build.

I wonder what type of front end I could get for that frame and that is bad to the bone it looks like my old shovel head I gave to my uncle it was a old 76 super glide that would beat your brains out. it was past threw the family

that looks like it has a 883 tank and a dyna type front with a bobber look that is cool. that's what they were building with that frame a little bobber it has a tripe tree look thanks the light just went off in my head.

WrenchDad

Looks like that mount plate is centered fairly well and with the way that frame is opened up in the back I'll bet you could make a three wheeler pretty easy. You should throw it in the build off, I think it would be a great project.

well part is what I am going to have to figure out. like forks with that tube and brake system. heck when I built my FXRP to a dyna it was just buy a kit and shorty shocks and stuff but with these little bikes I don't have tube measurements and tire size like going to a dealer and looking what is on the shelf. haha but i think i will when i flip threw the site.

hey , i was wondering that same thing i have a springer type bike that i have in the scrap pile if i send you a pic do you think it will work it is a cool looking bike that i picked up because it looked like a old school swhinn i dug it out looking at it if you don't mind i will post a pic of it. and how do you add pic to the thread you have that's why i keep starting threads lolol