Kevlar TAV belts VS Genuine Comet Belts?

just stay away from the ALASKA brand. I got some because they were inexpensive on ebay.... seller had a good score... but all 3 belts looked like they were carved out with a dull blade. not uniform and quickly shredded with correct TAV alignment.

i contacted the seller and they just said no one else complained... i got guy on the phone to actually go back and confirm they ALL looked this way. explained the belt lasted less than a day but he didnt care because... well no one ELSE complained...

US bearings and belts out of florida <- stay away

For the money it might be worth the try. They are playing on the word Kevlar to excite you where Comet just used their brand name.
Here is a pic I found ..
atv_belt_details_gforce.jpg

Looks like it would stop stretching but wont make a difference on the side load.
I have never had a problem with belts stretching or breaking.

If I was to guess I would say Comet likely uses a better quality rubber than the Chinese use on a Kevlar belt.

Thoughts?

I have always used Comet belts and have never had a problem :thumbsup: Is it worth saving $10 to try a belt that may or may not hold up :shrug: Myself I would pay the extra 10 bucks :thumbsup:

I have always used Comet belts and have never had a problem :thumbsup: Is it worth saving $10 to try a belt that may or may not hold up :shrug: Myself I would pay the extra 10 bucks :thumbsup:
Yeah, comet is the way to go I think.

I was hoping to save some bucks with the Kevlar belt and pick up a used Roto-Derp!!

Yeah, comet is the way to go I think.

I was hoping to save some bucks with the Kevlar belt and pick up a used Roto-Derp!!
Kevin,
From one BIG MAN to another (I am also a 300 pounder) you need the very best drive belt money can buy! As strong as our Broncs are they are really working hard (especially the T.C. drive belts) climbing those hills. Forget about saving a few bucks- use those genuine Comet belts.
Michael

delray

sorry guys, nothing to do with the torque converter question

JKautoFab
US bearings and belts out of florida <- stay away
i purchase a kevlar belt from the same place for a snowblower and it came unglued after using it couple times.:no: