Keystone Deluxe Resto-Mod

looong winters up there in Canada
Ya no kidding, got more snow again today. :doah: It gives me lots of time to find funny saying though. :laugh:

I bought a chain for the Keystone today, Saturday it will hopefully all come together, except for some paint work. :thumbsup:

Oh ya, I was looking through boxes of my stuff to try to find a link for that chain I bought, and I know I had one, but I can't find it. I'm madder than a one legged stripper trying to do a table hop. :laugh:

fistfullabar

just when i thought you were done:eek:ut:is there more travel now with the new swing arm? It will be worth it! My suspension feels bottomless it goes up stairs and over 10 inch logs and rips thru gravel,rocks and sand with ease gotta love the TAV:blink:

What do you call a one legged stripper - Eilene
What do you call a stripper with no legs - Nolene:laugh:
Sorry Clay could not resist.

You better hurry up - need a vid and final pics by this weekend - shes lookin good:thumbsup:

:laugh: Good one Tank. I hate to say it but paint probly won't be done by the build off deadline, but I intend to have it 100% rideable though. :thumbsup:

The swing arm might not get paint. :doah: I will try my best though. As long as when I finish the swing arm tomorrow it rides right I will be happy. :thumbsup:

When I finish the swing arm (hopefully tomorrow) I'm gonna make a video. I haven't made one already since we have had snow for the last little bit, but tomorrow or Sunday will be the day. :thumbsup:

The swing arm is finished!!! :thumbsup: I just have to smooth out some welds. :grind: I will put it on after lunch and try it out in the shop, since it is raining pretty good outside and really muddy. I am going to switch back to the 48 tooth rear sprocket from the 40 tooth that is on there now for some more torque. :thumbsup:

Here are the pics.

This might be the last pics for the Keystone for the build off, but I will definitely post finished pics after the build off for those who have been following. I will make a video if it running and maybe a small spin around the shop and post it tomorrow.

What I have left to do:
  • swap the 54 tooth rear sprocket on.
  • paint the handle bars white.
  • paint the swing arm to match the frame.
  • *possibly* redo the spring chain tensiorner setup.

The more I look at it with the stretch, the more I think drag bike. :shrug: Maybe once I start working again this summer I will save up and throw a cam, springs, billet con. rod, and billet flywheel in it and see what happens. :biggrin: