Kill switch for 1" bars

Really having trouble finding kill switch for 1" handle bars, some of the toggle switches marketed for 1" bars don't fit. Lot of people out there with 1" bars ( most are7/8th) What are you using. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

image0.jpeg image2.jpeg
Was actually thinking of JB Welding just the toggle switch part to a 1 inch split clamp, seems like it would work, any thoughts.

Last edited:

Lizardking

I'd put the push button one on the frame right by the neck if it's 7/8.

A plate that clamps in between the frame tubes for the toggle.

I had that problem with the control switch on Robert C's TrailBronc. I had to bore out the hole for the 1" handle bar to fit. This should work for the push button if you favor the clamp side to remove most of the material and just skim cut under the switch side to avoid cutting into the switch parts.

I74

Both Lizard King's & Mariah's are good ideas.

I wouldn't use JB weld.

Am actually doing kind of what Mariah suggests on a current Harley project, with relieving some of the alum. inside the ID of lever mounts,, so the wire harnesses won't pinch that runs through them.

There is enough meat on that push button switch to remove enough material to fit the 1' bars.

Just might have to use smaller OD bolts or screws.

All K&S bikes and Ropers are 1 inch frames and bars,
Same deal with our Bonanza and Super Bronc. You can get the 7/8" kill switches/buttons to work, however you have to "modify" them as others have stated which is what we did. I am like you, I could never find a 1" version that fit properly even though they were all advertised that they would.
Michael

Good to know, I thought the bars on my All Terrain Roper were 7/8.

My Roper came with a push button kill switch. I can look to see if their is a makers mark on it View attachment 282711 if you like.
Same deal with our Bonanza and Super Bronc. You can get the 7/8" kill switches/buttons to work, however you have to "modify" them as others have stated which is what we did. I am like you, I could never find a 1" version that fit properly even though they were all advertised that they would.
Michael
Thank you, nice looking Roper.