Kill Switch Predator 79cc

I recently picked up a project minibike for my son and I to work on. It had a Predator 212cc with a stage 1 kit. Little bike can go! Wife thought it should be toned down for my son so we swapped out the 212cc for a 79cc. I’m trying to install a kill switch and need some help. Picked up this switch: 8FF019ED-F8D6-4469-B95D-7A252D5F2A18.jpeg
Am I correct in thinking it just goes inline with with existing wiring? Male green from engine, to female switch, then male switch to black female on engine? 245A9DC3-5CE1-4121-9FBD-4FE236A7ADF0.jpeg
I tried that config, but it does not cut off engine when pressing the button. Should it be hooked up differently? Bad/wrong kill switch?

SAS289

You can run it in series with the engine switch but the engine switch will always have to be set to the off position. If the switch on the engine is set to the on position the new kill switch will never shut off the engine. This is because the switch on the engine is an open circuit while in the on position providing no path to ground.

Wire it how you described it. Then try the new kill switch with the engine switch in the off position.

DaddyJohn

You can run it in series with the engine switch but the engine switch will always have to be set to the off position. If the switch on the engine is set to the on position the new kill switch will never shut off the engine. This is because the switch on the engine is an open circuit while in the on position providing no path to ground.

Wire it how you described it. Then try the new kill switch with the engine switch in the off position.
Just run one leg of the handlebar switch to one side of the engine switch, and one leg to the other side, and they'll both work independently. Other than one being turned off would make the other one not turn on, but seeing as it looks like he has a momentary switch, he probably won't encounter that.

That was it! Switch ON to start, then move to OFF. Motor will continue to run, kill button shuts it down. Thanks!!!