Kmart Scrambler (blue) early 69/70

I grew up north of Detroit. My father and I bought a Scrambler minibike at Kmart. It was blue. I for some stupid reason never took a picture. Does anyone remember this minibike or has a picture? Thanks Doug

KB2ROCKET

As a kid in my small universe I remember minibikes at sears and pennys and western auto but then again I wasn't allowed past the fire hydrant on my street:laugh:

1stBxMopar

I don't remember Kmart ever carrying mini bikes in my area back in the day I grew up in California
I don't know about California, but I do know that Kmart was selling the KM Scrambler-(made by Lomart for Kmart) as far west as Utah..
I know this because that clip that Cheezy1 posted was from The Deseret News of Salt Lake City Utah, April 28, 1971...
Here is the full page ad from that advertisment....

Attachments

1971_MB1A

The local Kmart here also sold Toyoco,and I still have a Montgomery Ward T777 Terrain Bike that was bought new here at a store a few miles from me.

Why I appreciate all the comments and the add says scrambler, not it. Mine had the gas tank just in front
of the seat, kinda like the honda 50's. And it had shock springs in the front forks. Must be the model after this one.
Thanks so much!!!!

Thanks so much for the comments, but not it. Mine had the gas tank right in front of the seat.
They came in blue. I wonder if it was after that scrambler model.....
Thank you and I'll keep looking.

1971_MB1A

rorer714_1999,are you sure your bike was not a "toyoco" that they sold ? I've seen those with a tank on top of the frame in front of the seat.

Last edited:

SAS289

$119? No wonder my parents wouldn't buy me one. :smile:

Adjusted for inflation that would be $725 in todays dollars.

The bike seems similar to the Allstate as far as being a non big 4 import motorcycle, there is even an Allstate that resembles these but not the same bike. Most were Italian imports.

1971_MB1A

Back in the early 70's my neighbor had a "riverside" that was bought here at a local Montgomery Wards,but it was only about the size of a moped. It was somewhat of a tan color.