Knockout Metal Punch Set

I know that we would all like to buy quality tools that perform well and last. The problem is that sometimes you only need a tool for limited use and you can't justify the cost of top quality equipment. This came into play this week when I was fabricating some new inner rocker panels for my 1959 Nash Metropolitan. The design called for a number of holes in the panel. I priced out some good knockout sets that start at around $160. I couldn't justify spending that much so I took a chance with some CHEEPIE set from Harbor Freight for $26, $20 after my discount cupon. I used the set today and it worked amazingly well. I am sure it wont last too long but I know I can get the job that I need to do done. I will let the pictures speak for themselves

Last edited:
I know that we would all like to buy quality tools that perform well and last. The problem is that sometimes you only need a tool for limited use and you can't justify the cost of top quality equipment. This came into play this week when I was fabricating some new inner rocker panels for my 1959 Nash Metropolitan. The design called for a number of holes in the panel. I priced out some good knockout sets that start at around $160. I couldn't justify spending that much so I took a chance with some CHEEPIE set from Harbor Freight for $26, $20 after my discount cupon. I used the set today and it worked amazingly well. I am sure it wont last too long but I know I can get the job that I need to do done. I will let the pictures speak for themselves
Hell I'd get one for that price...I like tools lol ...

I saw a guy that used those to punch holes, then flared the holes out w/ a trailer hitch ball in a press,to make them 'dimple dies'. Worked really good, and alot cheaper than a set of dimple dies!