Kohler K340-T

Need help! Have excessive gas dumping into carb after shutting off engine. I rebuilt the diagram and even tried a different carb but same results. The carb is a Tillotson HR model.

Your main check valve is leaking. Wear on the ball, or wear on the needle, or inadequate spring tension. (Pop off should be set to 10 PSI with gas) There just isn't any other place that will leak statically.

I'm more familiar with the HL, but same animal. Without a fuel shut off valve, it's not "if" it will leak, it's "when."

Diaphragm doesn't have anything to do with that, it just pumps.

Sprocket86

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Be sure your fuel tank is venting and not building any pressure above atmospheric.

After riding the vehicle, (you didn't specify) if you open the fuel tank cap, is there a hissing sound present?

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Be sure your fuel tank is venting and not building any pressure above atmospheric.

After riding the vehicle, (you didn't specify) if you open the fuel tank cap, is there a hissing sound present?
It will still feed gas into carb right after engine is shut off. I looked at the float valve (fulcrum?) and adjusted to close quicker. Haven’t tried it yet but thanks you put me on the right track.