KV75 owners

Finally 1st start of the KV75, it ran but not good needs carb tuning , and maybe clutch work too, when I drop it in gear it leaps ready to go , rides nice shifts nice but the clutch does not disengage at all , any tips?

She's running good now real good :scooter: , still leaps when put in first and struggles when coming to a stop , bottomline the auto clutch is stuck engaged guess that's better than stuck dis-engaged :laugh:

They are fantastic examples of the KV and MT, really beaut ! I have a rough MT1 that I am slowly restoring, they were great bikes. Keep em running!!! Buzby...

chrisr

Is there a good source that is on the cheap for the brake shoes and brake cables? The ones I have found were pretty expensive. The KV75 I got was kind of a roller, it had a wrecked frame so I re-used the swing arm, wheels/tires and front fork on a taco that I had that the only good part seemed to be the frame.

Thanks

Attachments

Gatecrasher

Is there a good source that is on the cheap for the brake shoes and brake cables?

Thanks
Vintage Kawasaki has the brake shoes for $20. They also have reproduction cables for $35-$45.

FYI - the forks you have on that bike did not come from a Kawasaki KV75.

chrisr

Vintage Kawasaki is much more reasonable for shoes and cables. Thank you as well for the ID on the front forks.

Vintage Kawasaki has the brake shoes for $20. They also have reproduction cables for $35-$45.

FYI - the forks you have on that bike did not come from a Kawasaki KV75.

chrisr

Really good. Last night I added a 7/8 bar with rubber grips in front of the engine for my big feet. The little Taco foot pegs are hard for my feet to rest on. I just need to add the front brake thanks to your website recommendation to go along with the clutch brake and then just ride the wheels off it. Thanks again for your help.

How does the bike handle? It looks good.

Figure I'll give the thread a bump :thumbsup:, anything new with the KV owners? My KV is up and running and fairly good at that too :smile:, it does have a sticky clutch issue , I've heard that from ride time it may disappear , not happening yet too cold to ride maybe Spring time it will free up or maybe pull the clutch cover and hope it just needs a disassembly of the clutch and be good as new , hope all is well in KV land :scooter: