LAPD mini bike program

Hello,

New to the forum and recently acquired what I believe to be a 1970’s Huskee Hillclimber mini bike that was used by the LAPD to teach kids how to ride and be independent. I was told by the owner that it had belonged to an officer that ran the program in California.
It has LAPD stencilled on both the shroud and the back of the seat. Anyone know of this program or remember being a part of it?

Steve73

Daygo you have a very nice mini bike that has survived the years and have many memories hidden within the metal.. Great score! Interested to hear history of the program back in the day. If the lapd had a mini bike safety program for kids you know everyone had one it seemed like down there..

Daygo you have a very nice mini bike that has survived the years and have many memories hidden within the metal.. Great score! Interested to hear history of the program back in the day. If the lapd had a mini bike safety program for kids you know everyone had one it seemed like down there..
Thanks Steve! I’ve made contact with the LAPD and they are trying to get info on this program. Pretty excited to have something like this let alone with history.

Ding Ding

Pretty cool! A bike with an intended purpose and markings to show it's lineage. Plus it's police related in a positive way, when mini bikes are typically associated with getting in trouble with the police. Congratulations. You have what appears to be a 1 of a kind bike. Post up any information you get on it from the police.

Pretty cool! A bike with an intended purpose and markings to show it's lineage. Plus it's police related in a positive way, when mini bikes are typically associated with getting in trouble with the police. Congratulations. You have what appears to be a 1 of a kind bike. Post up any information you get on it from the police.
Thanks Ding Ding, I’ve reached out to their museum. Hoping to hear back!