Larger off road tires doe DB

I'm looking for a larger diameter aggressive tread tire. I like the Snowhog but I'm unsure of what size I need to fit the rim and increase diameter. I've searcher but I'm unable to find the exact tire size. Thanks for any help.

T-Town Mini

These are Carlisle Xtrac size: 15" x 5.00" - 6" ...the Snowhog also comes in this size. (You don't want the 13" diameter size)

Anything larger than a 15" outside diameter tire and you'll likely need to mount it on a larger rim. Like an 8" rim instead of the standard DB's 6" rims.

I seem to remember some previous threads where SOME members stated that the wider tires had clearance problems with the brake caliper?:shrug:
Michael

These are Carlisle Xtrac size: 15" x 5.00" - 6" ...the Snowhog also comes in this size. (You don't want the 13" diameter size)

Anything larger than a 15" outside diameter tire and you'll likely need to mount it on a larger rim. Like an 8" rim instead of the standard DB's 6" rims.
How do you like riding the V-trac in the front?

T-Town Mini

How do you like riding the V-trac in the front?
They worked fine for me but, I always took it easy on the street. I leaned into it a few times and had no issues with feeling as if the bike was going to skid out on me. I stayed mindful of it, though.

As long as you're not riding Moto GP style on them or making land speed passes at Bonneville or El Mirage the X-Trac tires are good to go on the front.

T-Town Mini

I imagine they would wear quite a bit over time especially if only ridden on the street. I sold the bike this summer before I even had more than a couple miles worth of riding on them. :shrug:

Everyone I spoke to that was interested in buying it gave positive comments on the tires...so, the tires also have that going for them...aesthetics.

Last edited:

gbabins1

I run the smaller 13" snow hogs with kold kutter screws on bonanza dirt/ice racing bike, they work great on both surfaces.

I built a Bonanza very similar to your's with the same tires... love it! strictly for offroad. Your's inspired me! Love the look of it with the aggressive tread. :thumbsup:

vwfan79

Thanks...The snow hogs are more rounded the the x-trac which is why I went that direction. Mine is strictly off road due to the studs.

I seem to remember some previous threads where SOME members stated that the wider tires had clearance problems with the brake caliper?:shrug:
Michael
I think those were the 15 x 6 x 6 tires. The 15 x 5 x 5 tires fit well. I love my snow hogs. I'll go that route every time.

Here is a link from Summit. They're on ebay too. I can't remember where I ordered mine, but I think I paid about $40 for the pair.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/carlisle-snow-hog-tires