Latest accessory to my $4000 competition air rifle

I have a 50 dollar computer.

OK so the air rifle is worth 4g.
To each his own as you say some of us (and I cringe at what I have spent ) have extremely expensive childrens toys too....

What exactly am I looking at?
It doesn't look like any sor tof pellat gun I am familiar with ( I have a Crossman 1322 pistol that good for squirls and birds )

BTW anyone familiar with reapairing a 25 year old Crosman pump up air pistol please PM me.
It needs some attention lol.

Last edited:

Bikerscum

Field target, UK or US rules?
Snoopy should be just the trick to annoy the shit out of your competition
US rules... PCP class, 20 FPE.

Sit on your butt, nothing supporting the gun but you. Put a pellet through a 1" hole at 50 yards.

@4k I'm nowhere near the high end. Some have just the scope costing that.

[/IMG]

:drinkup:

Last edited:

Bikerscum

To each his own as you say some of us (and I cringe at what I have spent ) have extremely expensive childrens toys too....

It doesn't look like any sor tof pellat gun I am familiar with ( I have a Crossman 1322 pistol that good for squirls and birds )

BTW anyone familiar with reapairing a 25 year old Crosman pump up air pistol please PM me.
Go to The OldMiniBikes of the airgun world and ask there. Good folks.

Crosman 1322/1377 are easy air guns to reseal. Cost around 15 buck for the reseal kits and about a hour of your time. But well worth. The gun you have has a brass valve assemble new ones are aluminum. Older Crosman air guns are better built with out all the plastic they use now on them.
You can get the gun break down on Crosman web site to show you how the break the gun down and there is a parts list with it.

Crosman

http://www.crosman.com/cs/manuals/crosman-pistols

Last edited:
US rules... PCP class, 20 FPE.

Sit on your butt, nothing supporting the gun but you. Put a pellet through a 1" hole at 50 yards.

@4k I'm nowhere near the high end. Some have just the scope costing that...:drinkup:
Well, that sounds like fun. How 'bout showing a bigger pic of the whole gun, or maybe one of you shooting it, please. What does the big wheel on the scope do?

Bikerscum

Well, that sounds like fun. How 'bout showing a bigger pic of the whole gun, or maybe one of you shooting it, please. What does the big wheel on the scope do?
Well, here's one of me shooting it in the Western Regional Championships last year...

And the gun itself...

The scope in the original post hadn't been set up yet... it now looks like this...

The large wheel is attached to the focusing knob on the side of the scope. In this type of competition, external rangefinders are not allowed, no lasers, tapes, etc, just you & the gun. The targets are placed at random distances from 10-55 yards. The trajectory of an airgun pellet is like a big loopy arc. Hitting your target means knowing how far away it is is critical, so you can adjust your elevation accordingly. In setting up the gun/scope, you focus on an object, measure the distance away, & mark that on the sidewheel. You do that for multiple points throughout to 10-55 yard range. In competition, you focus on the target, look at the sidewheel to see how far it is away, & adjust accordingly. Why is the wheel so big? The larger the diameter, the wider the distance between the numbers.

Sorry you asked now? lol

MB165

My father in law and his friend invited me over to their home practice f/t range. I took my South Korean, Shinsung 707 in 25cal. Even on the low power setting a miss would blow the targets off their stands....they were pissed, I never got invited over again. It cracks me up everytime I think about it.

My 76 yr old sheridan in 20 cal.All brass.Takes rabbits at 50 yards no problem.

Cool looking gun ya got there:thumbsup:tried to delete this sorry for double post

Last edited:
Hobbies can be cheap or very expensive, competition stuff costs for quality. Gotta be dedicated to what you do and it would seem you are. Awesome rig.:thumbsup:

Holy smokes! That's some serious coin. I felt bad for spending $625 for my Aim Point and a LaRue mount.:doah: Now I don't feel so bad:laugh:

Holy smokes! That's some serious coin. I felt bad for spending $625 for my Aim Point and a LaRue mount.:doah: Now I don't feel so bad:laugh:

Alright now you showed a pic, now you have to tell us what it is!!

I just bought a new GSG5-22 (the new version after H&K tried to sue them and lost) and I still haven't got a chance to go shoot it and it is just killing me bc I haven't got to go shoot it!!!!
This is the model I bought....

I fell in love with this gun the very first time I saw it and finally bought one like 3 years later. It's a .22LR so it's a cheap fun toy, 22 round mag. and they make a 100 round drum for them as well. I want to find a nice cheap scope for it, nothing real expensive just something that will do the job.