Lawnmower Re-power with Harbor Freight Engine

Don't know if this helps anyone but I will post and see. My Craftsman lawnmower quit on me after just three years. Mower deck and wheels were fine but engine was toast. I made a pattern to see if a replacement engine from Harbor Freight would fit and it did. The vertical shaft engine was originally $149, on sale for $109, with 20% coupon $88. I bought it and paid the extra $20 for a 2 year warranty. Had to get a blade adapter as from Sears for $5 and throttle linkage from Home Depot for $7. For less than $125 I have re-powered lawnmower that has a 2 year warranty on engine. Mower is actually more powerful than it was when I got it new. Hope this might help someone save a couple of $$$

Bobscooters

I'm thinking of using a HF motor to repower my Snapper riding mower, will need to use a horizonal motor as the vertical is only 4 hp I think, actually my son has a 13 hp one on his go cart in the barn - wonder if he would notice it missing. There are a few u-tube videos on the conversion. My B&S is on it's last leg and a new one is $$$.:smile: