Lenses: Bonanza MX1310 Head light and Tail Lamp

markus

Replacement taillight lens is a Peterson 420-15, it is still sold today although post mini bike era lenses had to start having DOT approval or meet standards and the newer lenses got script on the bottom that the older ones did not have. they can be found for about 5-10 bucks, should be able to get them at even Napa or a well stocked trailer supply store.

Gotta be careful, someone on Ebay made copies of an original Bonanza spare parts tag for one, throws a new lens in a baggie, and staples the tag to it making it appear to be a NOS one......it is not, the DOT 1975 script on the lens kinda gives it away :facepalm: there are a few period correct ones to be found, but they run about 35 bucks usually for them NOS.

All the headlights and kits I have had used the GE 4420 headlight bulb.

Midyrman

Thanks Markus.

I am not sure but I believe there is a band that holds the lamp to the chrome housing. I would also be looking for that. Any ideas? I am cleaning up Eliminators MX1310 that I bought.

markus

Thanks Markus.

I am not sure but I believe there is a band that holds the lamp to the chrome housing. I would also be looking for that. Any ideas? I am cleaning up Eliminators MX1310 that I bought.

yes there is a band to hold the bulb in....that might be a tough one to locate. I have tried to figure out in the past what also used that headlight (other than mini bikes) It was a common headlight in accessory kits and on mini bikes/trail bikes but I am not sure what else. They did make it in a single post mount and double mount (for tabs/ears) so they have to be out there on something common! The bates style headlight rings are different.