Let's talk mini bikes!!

Someone posted on the white knuckle event thread that they were driving 800miles and it said NJ on his profile. I think it was "hotrodded"? Tom we will have to discuss details...l think you should race;-)

45t

Did you ever use the all black one I sent?

I have a cut of that blue material for reference.
Yep it's on the bike and it looks good. I think my bike is a R4004 and not a 400TS like I originally thought.

After posting the pic, I just realized i really need to paint the bike. It looks like crap with the primer spots all over.

Last edited:
Yep it's on the bike and it looks good. I think my bike is a R4004 and not a 400TS like I originally thought.

After posting the pic, I just realized i really need to paint the bike. It looks like crap with the primer spots all over.
Looks nice.
HPE/Muskin should have had a special bike using a white Tecumseh. Dodge had the "White Hat Special's"...

delray

neck, whats going on with this bronda motor....:laugh:
briggs tin cover looks cool......:thumbsup: alot better then the honda plastic cover. i been thinking about using a honda gc motor,but the only thing is they don't make a lighted coil for this motor.......:shrug: i have found out they do make a electric start for them in 120v that could maybe change over to a 12v...:shrug:

BAB came over for a couple hours this evening and we worked on my Lauson. He did a killer job cleaning up my carb for me. :thumbsup:

It's not ready for paint yet, but we're getting closer. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Hey! Wait a minute....how'd ya get that Briggs cover on the Honda? Please do tell!
Hammer time!

Found some 1/2 inch shorter shroud studs from the Honda lawn mower shop, then used a body hammer and a long 3/4 inch piece of bar stock to bang the hole bigger. Had to cut the starter posts on the flywheel down a 1/2 inch also. Then, using the recoil, drilled three holes to mount the shroud on the studs.
Needed to trim the cylinder side of the shroud to fit flat on the block too.

You don't have to go with the shorter studs and flywheel trim, I just wanted to narrow the engine up for ankle clearance on the right peg.

Last edited:
What a cool thread! :thumbsup: I keep trying to finish up "that last minibike" and then another one shows up. I am a control freak I think because I need to do one thing at a time, or I lose pieces, and forget where I am.

Painted that MX yesterday, and while in the garage doing that, the guy doing my Fox kart upholstery calls the wife and says the seat's done. (Pick that up today) Meanwhile I did the equivalant of "Format C" on this computer, missed several ebay bids on engines, while contemplating InjunTom's Cat frames, and here comes the MX decals from Steve (here) in the mail! With the decals, came the LONG AWAITED ten-over piston rings for that H35 I've had strewn all over the place for the past month.

I stuck a compression ring in the hole just to see and it needs to be gap'd I think, but I won't know until I replace my files on the newly formatted computer and can see what they're spoda be.

I know this is too long for anyone to read, but it helped me organize what I may or may not do today as I pretend I didn't have 9 congratulatory adult beverages after the paint job yesterday in a 105 degree garage. Oh yeah, I also replaced two of the swamp cooler pads during yesterday's melee. Drama? LMAO! I don't even have to leave the house for that!

I love minibikes! Keeps me busy!