Lighted 5hp Briggs and Stratton

Cool...kind of what I figured...I’m guessing there weren’t many minibikes with lighted Briggs motors...or Briggs period outside of Taco’s

Matt O.

I was looking around the site to find any information on this subject and found this thread. I posted the question below in my 2020 build off thread.
Do you have the engine shown above? If you do and will share the Model , Type, and Code there is a small chance I can look up the parts for this engine and adapt them to mine.

Question for anyone who might know. The original engine on my Amphikittly is a 5hp Briggs and Stratton manufactured June 24th 1969 The engine has a simple points and condenser system. In the factory brochure, the photos show a headlight on the Amphikitty. Mine did not have the headlight on it, nor does the engine have a lighting coil to power a light. I am considering replicating the headlight assembly shown in the factory brochure. Is it possible to add a lighting coil to my engine? I seen on eBay that someone had a engine for a Dune Cycle 3 wheeler with a "Rare" lighting coil.
Any help is appreciated.

I was looking around the site to find any information on this subject and found this thread. I posted the question below in my 2020 build off thread.
Do you have the engine shown above? If you do and will share the Model , Type, and Code there is a small chance I can look up the parts for this engine and adapt them to mine.

Question for anyone who might know. The original engine on my Amphikittly is a 5hp Briggs and Stratton manufactured June 24th 1969 The engine has a simple points and condenser system. In the factory brochure, the photos show a headlight on the Amphikitty. Mine did not have the headlight on it, nor does the engine have a lighting coil to power a light. I am considering replicating the headlight assembly shown in the factory brochure. Is it possible to add a lighting coil to my engine? I seen on eBay that someone had a engine for a Dune Cycle 3 wheeler with a "Rare" lighting coil.
Any help is appreciated.
I saw that eBay motor as well...im going to see if I can ping the seller for the model#...thats the only 5hp Briggs ive ever seen of that era with a lighting coil.

delray

sorry guys I don't have any numbers . It was just a picture I save from another member that is no longer on here either.

I have been working with a old timer from the local Briggs and Stratton dealer. I have the part numbers and information for the lighting coil. I will post information on my Amphikitty 2020 build off thread. Once I do I will also post information here as well to help people find the information in the future.
Awesome...look forward to it