Lighting Coil Questions

Years ago I helped a friend convert his dirt bike to be street legal. There was no charging circuit in the bike so what we did was add a battery in the cargo pouch. It ran all the lights, he just had to charge it every few days to keep the battery active. It got him through the inspection.
Thanks for the tip, I will prob end up doing something like this. Battery technology is really good now.

Finally was able to install a proper switch to turn the lights off and on and select lo and hi beam. Was easier than the other switch I had, didn’t even need to make a jumper. Also the new switch has spade connectors which are easier to deal with than the screw on connectors and ring terminals I was using before.

Also received some 2-pin weatherpack connectors for the brake light, I like these better than the bullet connectors I had installed.
They keep moisture and corrosion to a minimum, and make for a cleaner look.

I also have the tools to remove the pins from the case if I ever have to.
I have some rolls of harness wrap, looks like electrical tape except it is not sticky. But I have to find them lmfao as I bought a bunch years ago and can’t remember where I put them. Would like to wrap the harness to keep out dirt/moisture as well. Also use dielectric grease as I have had good luck with that. It gets real cold in the winter and real hot in the summer which leads to condensation and corrosion. I remove engines and keep them inside in the wintertime to try and keep that to a minimum.