Lil Indian 450

Addicted 2 Minis

Looking good, I like the clutch cover, are you going to fill in where the drum brake bolt hole is?, if so, the easiest way I have found to fill holes with out the weld falling through is to put a piece of fire brick or ceramic tile under the hole and just spot it a few times with the MIG welder. Unfortunately mines on hold due to work but I look forward to your progress, keep up the good work!.

Front fender bracket was still on it , the rear bracket was missing, but there was still a little of the old bracket on each side of the frame. Marked them off , cleaned up the frame bars and welded the new bracket on .

Besides the fire brick and ceramic tile used as a backer, copper and brass work well. Pieces of 3/16”-1/4” copper plate or bar stock are clamped to the back of the weld area. Copper can be drilled and tapped 4-40 to make angle pieces as well. It’s a good heat sink and seems to reduce some warpage. Re-locate holes a bit with copper or brass rod stock of suitable size.
Beautiful work.
Steve

I think that I've gathered enough HS40 parts together to build a nice little engine for this build . Wheels are back from Cambo61 and look great , still have to blast and PC the original wheel bolts , axle bolts and steering neck bolt .

Front fender bracket was still on it , the rear bracket was missing, but there was still a little of the old bracket on each side of the frame. Marked them off , cleaned up the frame bars and welded the new bracket on .
Oh mine has no fender bracket on the front and looks like there never was one. That's why I was wondering.

Addicted 2 Minis

I think that I've gathered enough HS40 parts together to build a nice little engine for this build . Wheels are back from Cambo61 and look great , still have to blast and PC the original wheel bolts , axle bolts and steering neck bolt .
If you want to get real crazy, I saw a video on YouTube on DIY zinc electroplating that seemed pretty easy. I never tried it but if you want to make your original hardware look like new, it may be worth a shot.

If you want to get real crazy, I saw a video on YouTube on DIY zinc electroplating that seemed pretty easy. I never tried it but if you want to make your original hardware look like new, it may be worth a shot.
Thanks A2M , I might give that a try . As Dave is showing us I've done a little plating before and liked the out come of it . I always wanted to do a copper theme bike , and still might some day !
Didn't get a whole lot done on this build this weekend because of the crappy weather , ice and rain ...:mad:

I got the new suspension spring from Sunnyknoll and its a beaut ! Thanks Henry

Also got the half tank filler neck lower and reinstalled , Thanks markus !