Lil Indian project

That frame is going to need MUCH work. Not original: Jackshaft, wheels, kickstand, scrub brake. Looks like the axle bracket has something going on. Get yourself a dremmel to start. No picture of the other side but that could be the original engine. Check the numbers on the shroud. Good luck with your project.

That frame is going to need MUCH work. Not original: Jackshaft, wheels, kickstand, scrub brake. Looks like the axle bracket has something going on. Get yourself a dremmel to start. No picture of the other side but that could be the original engine. Check the numbers on the shroud. Good luck with your project.
Thanks!!!! I figured the jack shaft wasn’t original by how the welds don’t match the others. I’ve got my 4” grinder with a cutoff wheel locked and loaded to delete the scrub and shaft rings. Dolly wheels will be transferred to my wheel barrel and frame put through the sand blast before filling holes with my flux core. Axle brackets appear to be intact but a thorough inspection will done to further inspect. With parts being scarce and expensive, I might just clean it up and assemble it with what I have on the shelf for now. I’ll attach a flick of the other side.

Attachments

That one bracket on the clutch side belongs there but looks like a extra hole drilled in it. I would cut off that foot bar and replace with a new pipe. You can get that pipe on ebay. DOM tubing. I think the wall is .083. I had one of those lil indians in pretty bad shape that I brought back to life. lol. "Lock and load". lol.

That one bracket on the clutch side belongs there but looks like a extra hole drilled in it. I would cut off that foot bar and replace with a new pipe. You can get that pipe on ebay. DOM tubing. I think the wall is .083. I had one of those lil indians in pretty bad shape that I brought back to life. lol. "Lock and load". lol.
I was thinking of trying to apply some heat on the foot bar to straighten it out but if it don’t work I think I’ll just replace it. Any chance you might know how to determine the year this thing was made?

That foot bar looks like it was fixed/pieced together. There should be a serial number on the axel tab. I'm not positive of the year. Checking the motor plate would help. The later bikes used a Tecumseh and the motor plate had a hole in it for those engines.

That foot bar looks like it was fixed/pieced together. There should be a serial number on the axel tab. I'm not positive of the year. Checking the motor plate would help. The later bikes used a Tecumseh and the motor plate had a hole in it for those engines.
I’m hoping to discover some type of stamping after I blast the 1/8” layer of paint off of it. I’ll see what I find and go from there.

Addicted 2 Minis

In 1965 Lil Indian went to disc brakes, using the Kelsey Hayes 200M caliper. 65-66 bikes had larger caliper mounting bolt pattern than the later bikes and the caliper mounting bracket had a notch it it to accommodate the KH-200M caliper. Your bike has the larger bolt pattern mounting bracket along with the notch. Some early 67 bikes may have had the larger bolt pattern but most had the later small pattern by mid 67. The best I can tell, your bike falls in the 65-mid 67 range.