Lil Indian trike

Anyone seen one of these before? I believe its a prototype that never went into production, I can't find any production #s on how many were made. The pics are from the archives from Allide leisure groupe owners of lil indian. I found the onley one article so far that has mentioned three wheelers being built. The wheels are 6 turbine mags. The seat is original and fully adjustable. It has no signs of being altered or fabed on at all. Brake and throttle is original

Attachments

Lizardking

Didn't you already contact Michrina fam about it and they sent you those spec pictures?

You can't get better information than from them.

Last edited:
I sent pics to Jhon, he's not sure on the date of build, no #s on how many produced. I'm just guessing between 1966 - 70, do you know when the rupp turbine mags were first used by lil Indian? And it seems if they had a spring front end at the time it would have been used on it , so possibly before they added their suspension font end? It was going to be a costum build, if its a rare bike. Then the build will be more closer to original. This is my first bike build. I was born in 1968, be nice if this trike was too. Any suggestions on the 6" wheel halves for the turbine wheels? I can't find any other then 5". Dose anyone reproduce them?

Attachments

markus

The trike itself shown in the catalog is actually minimate stuff (even shows a clinton engine, steel one piece wheels, and steel fender) so its something after allied Leisure/Regis taking back control of Michrina ent. (its also not in the any LI catalogs or mag adds up to 1971). the decaling for serial number is also post 70 from what I have seen and typically found on the later-mid 1970s stuff that shows up where the bikes start to show up pieced together oddly if they are still one piece frames.

the specs list a 512 model 197cc 5hp, and those weren't available until Oct 1971 and extremely rare to find a pre 1972 dated HS50 (5hp 197cc) on ANYTHING. The multi piece frames (on the minibikes) that used plastic/unbreakable fenders, band brakes, etc.. were a mid 1970's-up deal, the basis of all that came from Regis's Minimate lineup that was created by him at allied leisure when he spilt and again all the types of parts starting to show up post 1972 on the LI line of bikes.

While I highly doubt that the bike actually came with the Rupp wheels, It is noted that Regis was buying up parts at auctions when company's were liquidating and going out of business during the 1970/80's. If the wheels truly were factory installed, that would put it post 1975 as they did "name drop" Rupp in their history and buying out truckloads of parts from them in '75.

The trike itself shown in the catalog is actually minimate stuff (even shows a clinton engine, steel one piece wheels, and steel fender) so its something after allied Leisure/Regis taking back control of Michrina ent. (its also not in the any LI catalogs or mag adds up to 1971). the decaling for serial number is also post 70 from what I have seen and typically found on the later-mid 1970s stuff that shows up where the bikes start to show up pieced together oddly if they are still one piece frames.

the specs list a 512 model 197cc 5hp, and those weren't available until Oct 1971 and extremely rare to find a pre 1972 dated HS50 (5hp 197cc) on ANYTHING. The multi piece frames (on the minibikes) that used plastic/unbreakable fenders, band brakes, etc.. were a mid 1970's-up deal, the basis of all that came from Regis's Minimate lineup that was created by him at allied leisure when he spilt and again all the types of parts starting to show up post 1972 on the LI line of bikes.

While I highly doubt that the bike actually came with the Rupp wheels, It is noted that Regis was buying up parts at auctions when company's were liquidating and going out of business during the 1970/80's. If the wheels truly were factory installed, that would put it post 1975 as they did "name drop" Rupp in their history and buying out truckloads of parts from them in '75.
Thank you, I never heard of a minimate line up, the adevertisment said 6inch mag wheels, these are 6inch and not the steel wheels in the pic. The original engine would have been a tecumseh if it is 70 or newer. It may be what was built out all the stock he got after re purchasing the company. The article that showed onley a couple being built by the brothers at michriana interprises inc. which is the exact manufacturing label used on the trike, i and is the only example of 3wheelers ever being produced. I didn't think that after changing over to Allide leisure corp that they would have used their old company label, is why I assumed it was 70 or earlier.Guess its the last Mohican untill another example shows up. Its going to be a sharp and fast trike. Thankyou for your time. When Allide leisure responds back hopefully Jhon sheds lite on date and production#s. all the minibikes , funcarts and camper trailers and a few snowmobiles that never worked out for them wether it was a kit or not they have been documented. These trikes havent showed up or even what the price was to be on them. Thanks for your help.

markus

Last edited:
Looks like they may have actually made a run of them with Rupp turbines!!! Again, that would put it post 1975 in my opinion as I highly dobt Rupp would have been too keen on that while still and active competitor

Here is the thread for 2017 Usual suspects, same type responses :D: https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/lil-indian-trike.140413/#post-1098382

View attachment 293582
Thankyou, That trike showed is absolutely a sharp ride! A brother from the same mother That is probably the best example I'll ever see of another one. More then justifies the money I'm putting into the build for my lil indian trke. Being xtremly rare and unique , couldn't be happier for my first bike build. I will post the further research from allide leisure Corp, Jhon thinks 1973 is the correct date, but he said he has to confirm it and why no #s on how many may have been built. Thank so much